car dash recorders-which one ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi all my friend needs a dash cam recorder -I won't go into detail but lets just say she keeps getting cut up by another car- and although plod knows about everything they are not doing anything until she actually gets hit by the other car :eek:--She is not bothered how much it costs (but I would be :D) so has anyone got any links -preferably one from UK with fast shipping that will not break the bank :D thanks in advance :)
    terry

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I, and a few others have the one "Jaws" is or has ordered... I think he has some spares coming.. drop him a line...

They are brilliant... (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Ive just invested £260 on a Blackvue dashcam. Baros Technology Ltd. Maidstone. Expensive but an ace piece of kit. Hope this helps.

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Terry, if you like the look of what you see can you post it back on here or 'conversation' me!! I have played around with a cheapie from ebay, cant seem to get it to record when I want it to, so want one that works now

Note, the one I bought needed a memory card and wont work till one is fitted, needed to be 16Gb or bigger I think, stopped me playing with mine when it arrived

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry

Terry Funster

:eek::eek::eek:I told her they are anything from a tenner to fifty quid ish :D will have a look at a cheaper one ;)thanks
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry

Terry Funster

will do as soon as I figure out how to pm him :D
    Better stil I have his number (y)
    terry

7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

No need to PM me Terry .. Look for the Dash Cam -Morocco thread and add your post to that [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Make sure that you get one that is good enough definition to read a number plate, otherwise it will not be a lot of use.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Terry

Terry Funster

Well I thought I had just ordered 2 :) but I cannot see it so, here's another go John --can I have 2 please --and if my order has doubled up cancel one order :D:D
    terry
    edit it's me I am looking on the wrong thread --so if you want a Jaws camera you need to look and order on the DASH CAM MOROCCO THREAD
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/dash-cam-morocco.80957/

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. wingman

wingman Funster

I've previously posted this, so just posting again if it helps?

I have a combined interior rear view mirror and cam'. It's brilliant! It just clips over the existing mirror and is almost undetectable from the outside.

I didn't want one stuck on the windscreen with a suction cup, one that wobbled about on a dash mount, or one that could be seen. Didn't want the agg' of having to remove it each time I left the vehicle.

Unlike some of the mirror-cams (where the camera is fixed and designed for LHD vehicles) on my model, the tiny camera is rotatable 360deg, so you don't get the view partially blocked by the existing vehicle mirror assembly.

I can swap it between car and MoHo if needs-be. Just plugs into the cigar lighter socket with adequate cable to reach around the windscreen and dash.

Shame you can't wait; I bought this one via Amazon, but had to wait 10 working days. Cost me £47 but without a card. I bought a micro SD card locally. Gives me 5 hours of video.I've

11. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

The question I am asking is why is she being cut up continually by another motorist? What is she perceived to be doing? Why is she being "stalked" by this other vehicle?

I would be looking to treat the cause rather than the effect.....

12. Hillbum

Hillbum Funster

I bought one at Stratford Show from http://dvr.drwelectronics.com £49.99 plus micro card. Been playing with it all week and it seems fine. Graphics OK but not as good as the expensive ones. No GPS data, just date and time. Number plates are plates readable, which is important, playback appears to be a bit fast, I don't think I drive that fast. I originally wanted one to record some of the scenery we travel through and also as a precaution against crash for cash.

This one has a small screen, which I think is superfluous, but it's fixed hidden behind the rear view mirror.
    I got this to see how to get on with them, maybe I will upgrade to a GPS version sometime in the future.

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The cause is known ( I have been told what the situation is ) but is a bit personal so not for open forum :censored:
    It is a very difficult situation and although the authorities are involved there is a case not to make things worse if at all possible

• Like Like x 1
  14. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I have a Roadhawk HD, great camera and superb quality video. Downside is, its expensive. I was in Halfords today, they have some in there. Cheapest one with GPS was £90 and looked pretty good. And, if it goes faulty, take it back and change it. You get another years guarantee with the replacement.
    Allan

15. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Understood. Good luck.

16. mentaliss

mentaliss

There's 15 of them on Amazon this morning!!!

17. Terry

Terry Funster

I and my friend are sorted by John JAWS ;)thanks
    terry