Car charger for Playbook (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Last week while the wife was shopping I sat in the car with the playbook plugged into a car usb charger, after about an hour I noticed that if anything the battery was flatter than when I started, I tried another one I had with the same result. Did a bit of googling for a high powered one and ordered an Anker 15w 3amps at 5v jobby, tried it and it seems to be the answer. :Smile:

Reading the instructions, (which is unusual for me) it appears both Apple and Android phones know when you connect to a standard computer usb port, and restrict charging to 500ma, this charger claims to fool the device into thinking its on a proper charger so it charges at the full rate, and it appears to work the same on the playbook.

Cost a whopping......................................£6.99 inc delivery. ::bigsmile:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A6NHSAG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I tried charging the Playbook from the usb socket of an in-car 130 watt laptop power supply, and it wouldn't charge ...

This looks just the job.. duly ordered :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back