Captains chair adjustment

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bill and Pat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bill and Pat

Bill and Pat

Hi,
    Just purchased a burstner aviano, the swivel seats are very stiff to turn, does anyone know if they can be adjusted, also how do you remove the rear plastic cover on the seat base to gain access to the centre swivel.
    Thanks a new member

2. rapido convert

rapido convert

Hi bill and pat,
    Welcome to the happy fun club.
    The seat is secured by a single center bolt needing a 22mm spanner and 24mm socket. Be careful not to slacken too much as you will get wobbly seat syndrome :),
    The swivel plate is sandwitched between a nylon swivel pad it is self lubricating and should not be overly greased/oiled.
    The above is for an Aguti seat but from what i have seen in my various other moterhomes i have owned the same instructions/rules should apply
    Cheers
    Andy.

3. Bill and Pat

Bill and Pat

Thanks Andy, will have a try to slacken off the bolt a little, did see the bolt and the nylon pads, do the plastic covers on the rear base clip off to give access to the bolt, I tried to pull but didn't want to pull too hard and break the cover.

Thanks Again
    Bill

4. rapido convert

rapido convert

Depending on the make of seat, Aguti are on trim clips and pull off but i have seen trims held in place with minute self tapping screws from the side,
    Cheers
    Andy.

5. Bill and Pat

Bill and Pat

Cheers and thanks very much for your reply Andy, will be looking to sort it tomorrow.