Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Are off on Wednesday to Delftse for 2 weeks and then making out way to Issny in Germany near Stuggart for Dethleffs meet end of May. We would like to spend some time to explore Arnhem and make our way through Germany. Sites and the German Aires recommended would be helpful. Our motorhome is 28ft so need sites or aires that will take large campers. We tried a couple of years ago in Arnmhem but all Camping cheques sites couldn't take our size. We have ARICS as well this year
Sure some-one will be able to assist.
Regards Peter & Glynis:roflmto:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are some aires in Holland now, a nice one at Sas Van Gent right next to the river, no facilities as such but a really nice and peaceful spot, we've used it a few times now.

However, I would strongly recommend that you do NOT use an aire in a small town/village on Saturday night/Sunday morning in Holland as this is the 'witching hour' for some of the younger members of the population especially the one we were attacked on which was at Millingen Aan De Rijn, south east of Arnhem and to the east of Nijmegen, the name of the place was:

Gemeente
Rijndijk 6
6566 CG Millingen a/d Rijn

Read the below to see why ... but don't let it put you off!!! We put our Holland demons to bed last year when we stayed a couple of nights (including Saturday night) there, one at a parking area in the middle of nowhere which a kind 'mini-campings' chap took us too as his campsite was too soggy to take us, the other was at Sas Van Gent.

Link Removed

I'd also suggest you look at getting the ACSI book (the one with the card, not just the campsite list one) as that gives discounted campsites for a set fee and some of them are absolutely excellent!!!

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
they may not of been dutch as we know over here may have been folks from somewhere else

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unfortunately they were definitely the local Dutch youths ... hopefully the problem doesn't occur as much, or at all, now but best to be careful just in case.

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Holland and Germany

Thanks to all, we do have the Arics card so will try some sites from there, I think we will probably plump for camp sites, and save the aires until we get to France, in June.
We have also brought the French Passion, and quite keen to try this out
Regards to all
Peter and Glynis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back