Capacitor required (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Switched on my ultrasound cleaner which worked fine for 10 minutes then it started spewing out smoke ! So a capacitor has blown apart, anyone know where I can identify and obtain a replacement. It looks like the value is .22 uf and rated 400v/220v.
20160901_133859.jpg

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Rs have a huge warehouse at Corby or there is shop in Peterborough called maplins that hold lots of electronic spares

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do you want me to upset you...
I had one of those ultrasound cleaners that my son was given to him from work.. He gave it me and I dont know why as never used or needed one.. Sold it Monday at the boot sale... £5..

Just looked them up and seen the prices :Eeek: someone had a real bargain.

OP
OP
jockaneezer
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully ordered the correct one from Maplin, £1.59 and a 3 day delivery to my local shop. Anyone know if these things are polarity sensitive and if so, how do I tell the orientation of the original unit that's still on the board ?
@tonka, I got mine from work too, it's a nice small industrial unit, much better than those "jewellry cleaners" you see advertised. I'm going to use it to try and clean a Mikuni cabuerettor off my log splitter, one of the jets was blocked which I managed to blow out, but I suspect the drilled pasageways for the pilot air screw may be blocked as I can't get it to tickover very well, it's always "hunting" but settles down with a tiny bit of choke.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Anyone know if these things are polarity sensitive and if so, how do I tell the orientation of the original unit that's still on the board ?

It looks like it was probably an X2 capacitor which means it goes across the line in an AC circuit. With it being for an AC circuit I doubt it will have a polarity but check the packaging.

Don't take my word for it though, my electronics knowledge is dated.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Why does anyone want to clean ultrasound?

How does it get dirty?

JJ :cool:
Incorrect sorry

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully ordered the correct one from Maplin, £1.59 and a 3 day delivery to my local shop. Anyone know if these things are polarity sensitive and if so, how do I tell the orientation of the original unit that's still on the board ?
@tonka, I got mine from work too, it's a nice small industrial unit, much better than those "jewellry cleaners" you see advertised. I'm going to use it to try and clean a Mikuni cabuerettor off my log splitter, one of the jets was blocked which I managed to blow out, but I suspect the drilled pasageways for the pilot air screw may be blocked as I can't get it to tickover very well, it's always "hunting" but settles down with a tiny bit of choke.
Polarity marked on the black lines

OP
OP
jockaneezer
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Polarity marked on the black lines

Yup, it's on the can type capacitors, but it's the rectangular yellow one in the middle that's needing replaced. Incidentally, the bath kept working even as the smoke was billowing out, it looked like a hi-tech witch's cauldron :LOL:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Aha - then I'm stuffed, unless it's distinguishable on the underside (n):notworthy:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
When the replacement part arrives ask google to find a datasheet for that component part number. That should tell you all you need to know regarding polarity..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back