cap for external 12v socket that takes 2 pin plug for submersible pump (1 Viewer)

sooj

Free Member
Apr 22, 2016
Congresbury, North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Lunar Telstar Motorhome
Exp
27 years
Our Lunar Telstar Motorhome has an exterior socket for a 12v plug (2pin) for a submersible pump to fill the main freshwater tank - and the cap that protects that socket has broken up. Where might I find a new cap, or any ideas how to make one that would stay fixed when we are on the road?! Any ideas please?

OP
OP
S

sooj

Free Member
Apr 22, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Telstar Motorhome
Exp
27 years
Thanks for that - I will see if it would work!! Looks promising - and I'd not have thought of looking at that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
years ago when i had a caravan the cover u are on about was always snapping off so after about 3 replacements i ended up getting the top off a bottle of coke cutting its depth down and used that for years.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
years ago when i had a caravan the cover u are on about was always snapping off so after about 3 replacements i ended up getting the top off a bottle of coke cutting its depth down and used that for years.
best solution so far, presume 2 pin fitting is same as mine, naff fitting on very expensive vehicles.

Attachments

• EL capDSCF4628.JPG
    EL capDSCF4628.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 67
  • EL pump DSCF4629.jpg
    EL pump DSCF4629.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
S

sooj

Free Member
Apr 22, 2016
Funster No
MH
Lunar Telstar Motorhome
Exp
27 years
I will continue looking for the real thing - yes, for a 2 pin socket the cap was really cheap and nasty.
I'm working on a temporary (I hope!) cap using a cut down metal screw cap off a wine bottle, just working out how to fix it so it doesnt' go awol as soon as we remove it to use the socket again.....nearly done.
We are quite near a caravan shop - Davan - and their engineers can be very helpful!

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Motorhoming since 2011 - now returning after a long break!
I know this thread is ancient - but did anyone find a source of these caps or do we have to replace the whole caboodle?

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Here we go. They take about an hour each to print. You have to print flexible’s very slow otherwise the printer clogs. These will be much more robust than the original ones they fit. It has the integrated gasket as well to keep it water tight on the body. If anyone would like one just PM me.
They will be £5+P&P £1.55 Large Letter. Total £6.55

Hope you all like it. Cheers PaulandChrissy

IMG_5842.jpegIMG_5840.jpegIMG_5839.jpeg

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
Amazing!
I do need to measure our 2-pin plug socket as it isn't a nice modern one, as you have, it is a 2008 vintage and might be a different size. Having said that, I doubt that much has changed in the size of these things?

water filler & socket.png

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Amazing!
I do need to measure our 2-pin plug socket as it isn't a nice modern one, as you have, it is a 2008 vintage and might be a different size. Having said that, I doubt that much has changed in the size of these things?

View attachment 882046
I think its the same. The outside diameter of the outer bezel is 38mm, and the bit sticking out is 25mm

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
I think its the same. The outside diameter of the outer bezel is 38mm, and the bit sticking out is 25mm
Thank you Paul and Chrissy. I cannot confirm until we get the MH here, can I come back to you on this please?
Much appreciation.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I’ve put it in my classifieds for you all. I’m slowly building a little webpage catalog of all the things I’ve been asked to make in the past. It will take me some time to input all the parts, but it will be a good central place for funsters to go to find the things I’ve made and make in the future. It’s motorhome3dprints.com. You can find it in my profile as well.

Cheers PaulandChrissy

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp
I’ve put it in my classifieds for you all. I’m slowly building a little webpage catalog of all the things I’ve been asked to make in the past. It will take me some time to input all the parts, but it will be a good central place for funsters to go to find the things I’ve made and make in the future. It’s motorhome3dprints.com. You can find it in my profile as well.

Cheers PaulandChrissy
Brillo. Will come back to you on this and the WC flush tank filler funnel.

Dec 19, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Lunar Fivestar
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back