Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Hi it was nice to meet you both and an interesting impromptu gathering and a few drinks.

Peter and Linda

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
And we are the other pair of Funsters at Canterbury.... A little worse for wear now and we didn't even try the cider! Thanks for the advice on our virgin run to France. What s great evening! The fish stew was great. Will try not to wake you in the morning when we leave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
denisejoe

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Update for everyone a couple could not get in at 20.15 when it should be 20.30 ive emailed canterbury p&r to let them know

Joe

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Tried to leave at 6.00am last week and the machine just spat the ticket straight back saying pay at kiosk....already done that. Had to ring the 24 hour help line and the nice man said oh yes I can see you will let you out and he did !
Two vans tried to leave the previous evening and both failed with the ticket, must be a normal occurrence why can't they fix it ?

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Tried to leave at 6.00am last week and the machine just spat the ticket straight back saying pay at kiosk....already done that. Had to ring the 24 hour help line and the nice man said oh yes I can see you will let you out and he did !
Two vans tried to leave the previous evening and both failed with the ticket, must be a normal occurrence why can't they fix it ?
Hope they do! Due to stop on way tunnel July and leave at 0530

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Had the same happen to us last September paid but the barrier spat out the ticket phone call and all was sorted in seconds so could be an on going problem.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
The charging regime at the New Dover road P&R has changed. Last year I arrived at approx 16:00 and paid my £3.00 The following morning I inserted my ticket and the barrier opened as expected.

Today I had a chat with a bus driver here and he informed me that the charge is now £3.00 for each day you are parked here. To clarify, if you arrive today, stay past midnight and leave tomorrow morning you should pay £6.00 However, other van owners I have spoken to buy their ticket just before leaving and only pay for one day (£3.00). Personally I'm more than happy with the facility and will add another £3.00 to my current ticket tomorrow prior to leaving.

This change to the daily charge may account for the increased number of vans having to call the P&R helpline.

Hope this is of help to someone.:)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
The charging regime at the New Dover road P&R has changed. Last year I arrived at approx 16:00 and paid my £3.00 The following morning I inserted my ticket and the barrier opened as expected.

Today I had a chat with a bus driver here and he informed me that the charge is now £3.00 for each day you are parked here. To clarify, if you arrive today, stay past midnight and leave tomorrow morning you should pay £6.00 However, other van owners I have spoken to buy their ticket just before leaving and only pay for one day (£3.00). Personally I'm more than happy with the facility and will add another £3.00 to my current ticket tomorrow prior to leaving.

This change to the daily charge may account for the increased number of vans having to call the P&R helpline.

The website is still showing it as £3 per 24hr period and if you stay over 24 hrs the system adds another £3.

Are there any signs up that show contrary to this and backing up what the bus driver says?

Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

The website is still showing it as £3 per 24hr period and if you stay over 24 hrs the system adds another £3.

Are there any signs up that show contrary to this and backing up what the bus driver says?

Link Removed
I've e-mailed my contact (the parking manager) at Canterbury City Council asking him for a definitive answer.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've heard back from Colin already.

The tariff has been changed to run from midnight to midnight but, in addition, it's now only £1 after 4pm. That actually benefits lots of users, general as well as motorhomers coming in the evening.
The wording on the web site was supposed to have changed and he will look into that tomorrow.

I've just had another look and the main page (Broken Link Removed) has been changed but the wording on the specific motorhome page (Link Removed) is still the same.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013

The tariff has been changed to run from midnight to midnight but, in addition, it's now only £1 after 4pm. That actually benefits lots of users, general as well as motorhomers coming in the evening.
The wording on the web site was supposed to have changed and he will look into that tomorrow.

I've just had another look and the main page (Broken Link Removed) has been changed but the wording on the specific motorhome page (Link Removed) is still the same.
Excellent, thank you

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
denisejoe

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We were there last week from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning and got charged £15, ie calendar days not 24 hours. Meant to post when we got back but didn't get round to it!

Denise

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010

Thanks Graeme

Having had a look at the main page now rather than just the motorhome specific page I notice there is a link to a season card which gives 20% off and only has to be loaded in multiples of £15 (£12 paid at discounted rate).

I can't find anywhere that says there is a charge for the season card or that it can't be used for motorhomes, so if there isn't then this is a reasonable discount for those regular users of the park and ride.

Broken Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graeme

Having had a look at the main page now rather than just the motorhome specific page I notice there is a link to a season card which gives 20% off and only has to be loaded in multiples of £15 (£12 paid at discounted rate).

I can't find anywhere that says there is a charge for the season card or that it can't be used for motorhomes, so if there isn't then this is a reasonable discount for those regular users of the park and ride.

Broken Link Removed
The charges are the same for motorhomes as they are for cars so no reason why the season card should be any different.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs

Yes we paid £4

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Thanks Graeme

Broken Link Removed
We got a season card for our daughter when she was at Canterbury college, don't remember being charged for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back