Cant join my mifi :( (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Hi, sorry to keep asking for help. I hate technology and it hates me more!

I bought an unlocked huawei mifi a while ago from AMazon. it is the E5330 3G. I have never used it. I have bought a 3 feel at home 12gb card for our trip abroad on Tuesday. Ive charged the mifi, popped in the sim card and it shows on my iphone as an available network (with the locked symbol). It then asks me for a password and no matter what i try the 'join' button is greyed out. How do i find the password? It says log into the web management page which is 192.168.8.1 but this just shows as unavailable. I am stuck :eek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds to me like your unlocked mifi is in fact locked.

You may have to reset the settings for your new card....but it still appears to be locked to a network.

On second thoughts, ignore that for now....look inside the back cover of the mifi unit.....there should be a 8 digit code on a label.
Try entering that into the request screen.

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

I bought an unlocked huawei mifi a while ago from AMazon. it is the E5330 3G. I have never used it. I have bought a 3 feel at home 12gb card for our trip abroad on Tuesday. Ive charged the mifi, popped in the sim card and it shows on my iphone as an available network (with the locked symbol). It then asks me for a password and no matter what i try the 'join' button is greyed out. How do i find the password? It says log into the web management page which is 192.168.8.1 but this just shows as unavailable. I am stuck :eek:
Remove the back from the MIFI
The access password should be printed on the inside of the back panel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

As RC says above the password should be shown on the inside cover but otherwise have a look in the instructions.

You are just joining the MiFi network so the "unlocked" bit isn't relevant. Hopefully it is unlocked and it will work but you won't find that out until you join to its wireless network. Once you have joined the network you can get the administration panel by typing the 192 etc number into your browser. But you probably don't need to unless you want to change the password.

OP
OP
Hel999
Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
:h:
Thank you! i never thought of looking there! I told you I was rubbish. Ive managed to connect my iPhone to it and it worked and allowed me to access the internet so i am assuming it is in fact an unlocked one. I am so glad i tried it out today rather than Tuesday. Id be a nervous wreck if it wasn't for this forum!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
A little tip!
Download the Huwei app if you have a smartphone
You can use this to easily access your MIFI settings
Before using your MIFI abroad you may need to turn on Data Roamng

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
What you need to do now is go to the apple App Store and download the Huwaei HiLink app. This will allow you to manage your Mifi from your phone - you can see how much data you have used/ check data roaming is on/ switch the Mifi off / share pics etc

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't know about iPhones but with Android phones it pays to switch off auto updating of apps otherwise you can use a lot of data inadvertently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back