Can't find our Chinese sat nav (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Map Magnet

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:hksygo3wfz7gn3tt2bbr3btqd7o6ywq6

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
I take it you are talking the HERE maps. I also have the Q4 2015. So what part/file is the truck maps as i use them in an Android and the maps take up a fair bit room. I could just delete them files. I did have truck POI's in older maps. I presumes that was just for greasy spoons that sell egg and chips so deleted that also.

i think the truck maps are the 800-480 folder in the igo9 folder. but not quite sure,

1 is the car, 1 is the truck

?

Deleted User
i think the truck maps are the 800-480 folder in the igo9 folder. but not quite sure,

1 is the car, 1 is the truck

Is that not your resolution of the sat nav/ mobile whatever you are using? As far as i know iGO dont do a truck version for Android so ill just delete the .ftr files for now and see how i go. Small list here

http://www.navitotal.com/maps-build...e-put-map-related-files-igo-primo-t11326.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Can't find our Chinese sat nav anywhere .....we last used it a couple of months ago when we went in the motorhome to pick up some car spares for Max's XR 4x4
Had every drawer in the house out ...it must be somewhere but we can't find it.
Anyone got one for sale ? before I go on fleabay for one as we are off to Scotland soon.
If you are struggling and have a smartphone you could buy Copilot or Tomtom software for it, works offline and you choose the maps you want if you have limited storage

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My chinese one which has been good for routing has died on me. Comes up with a fatal error after about 10 minutes. Have tried resetting it but no better. Just as well I have two other satnavs in the mh.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hate to say this. But, I do have several back copies of "Truckers" Map book`s?:D

Any Offers?:););)

Pete

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just be aware that some of the Chinese tablets won't run some software properly - we had a couple of them, one refused point blank to run Tom Tom despite it being the right spec etc, whereas the other would but then didn't like other sat nav software. Hubby had previously bought a new Asus 7" memo pad (phablet) with sim slot for approx £50 when it was on offer and has just got a barely used wifi only tablet version for £40 off Ebay.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not knowing the layout of your MH but if you have an overcab storage area check it hasn't gone down the back between the 'base' and the cab roof. I 'lost' a folder with a load of important paperwork in and after much searching and phone calls to see if it had been left elsewhere, the only conclusion was that it had tried to 'hide' somewhere!!! The last place I remembered seeing it was in the overcab storage and it had somehow been pushed down the small gap at the back and got between the outer metal and inner headlining! It was a sod to get out but at least I found it!

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Not knowing the layout of your MH but if you have an overcab storage area check it hasn't gone down the back between the 'base' and the cab roof. I 'lost' a folder with a load of important paperwork in and after much searching and phone calls to see if it had been left elsewhere, the only conclusion was that it had tried to 'hide' somewhere!!! The last place I remembered seeing it was in the overcab storage and it had somehow been pushed down the small gap at the back and got between the outer metal and inner headlining! It was a sod to get out but at least I found it!
No we have a low profile with shelves ........had everything out of cupboards looked under seats door pockets ....checked everywhere in house.
Fortunately @ianandkath have a spare for sale and they only live a few miles away from us so we are sorted :)
If we do eventually find it we will have a spare one

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry to go OT on this.
Can the Chinese Sat Nav be updated (with or without truck data)
I had read on here that it couldn't but a post on here suggests that it can albeit without truck data which presumably means 'car' mode.

yes it can be updated, as a car or as a truck/car.
latest maps (2015) are downloadable
or you can download the complete new igo system
All updates now appearto be pirate copies and not to be trusted.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Being of a Belt & Braces nature, it might be an apt time to mention maps.me We both have a copy of this on our phones and the navigation feature on it has got us 'un-lost' a couple of times.
Useful when we are walking as well.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thank you, there are no dates on those downloads but I'm happy on the 2014 set until the thing gives up the ghost. We had a long discussion on this back in January and there are earlier threads going back to last summer.

Last edited:
?

Deleted User
I think this is last years ftr files.

?

Deleted User
they are not the same size as the ones i downloaded, but very close , 1.78 to 1.83mb, not a lot and same dates 2015
I have the 2015 Q4 ones but i have no way of testing truck maps and i would need to separate them from my map folder and upload if you want to play with them. May be a licence issue if you are using a legit Sat nav.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We call our Chinese Sat Nav, Miss Wong Wei. Having said that the wife dropped it and broke it but I went back and bought another owing to value for money. She just gets lost in the mountains which I m sure they all do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back