Can't believe what we did yesterday (1 Viewer)

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newbies, now have a Chausson Flash 08
Hi, after thinking about it for 8 months we put down a deposit on our "new" secondhand motorhome. After a sleepless night I went back today just to confirm it's really happened. Yes our chosen van had Sold in the window! We're complete newbies, semi retired, lots and lots to learn. But we bought some plastic glasses today as a start.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Hiya (y)
Miss the buzz you get when you see the sold stickers go up.
Have fun:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! The best way to learn is just to get out there and use it!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
will use the time for research on here and asking questions if that's OK.
I reckon thats a fine idea, but you would be well advised to cough up your Ā£15 to become full "Funsters" members.

Oh and WELCOME by the way.

Martin

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've got a month to wait before we can do that. But will use the time for research on here and asking questions if that's OK.
I can only suggest a first trip near to home if not actually on the drive! Enjoy!

OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes I'll join. Living where we do we're spoilt for choice of where to go for our first trip. Unfortunately we'll be needing storage as V short drive and think not allowed to park outside in our small close. When we bought the house had no idea we'd do this. Thanks for warm welcome. Need reassurance making this huge commitment

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif Don't worry, you won't regret it. Wishing you lots of happy travels.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome I was so nervous and worried when we bought our first van we had to go back 3 times before we picked it up!!( the dealer thought I was crackers! But was very amenable !!)
Good luck and enjoy! Ask away!
:WelcomeFlag:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, and welcome.
The secret is to use it.
You can buy lots of stuff from charity shops to leave in the van, so all you have to do is full with water, throw some clothes and food in and off you go!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to fun, congratulations you've made a decision that will give you freedom to explore and discover places you would never have done without a motorhome, in the month you have use the forum for as much information as you can, I would definitely join Motorhome Fun the collective knowledge on here is amazing and freely shared with members, it will be the most useful Ā£15 you will spend.

If you just want a browse of the forum use the search at the top put in the key word and so much information will come up.

:welcomesign:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:hiya2: & congrats! It is a bit scary when you realise what you've done but as others have said the secret is to get out & use it.

Great suggestion about getting stuff from charity shops or just buy as you need to so that you don't end up with loads of stuff that you never use (talking from experience here:blush:)

& if you pay to join you'd be most welcome to come to one of the fun rallies or meets :)

OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Once again thank you for the warm welcome. We love visiting charity shops so that's a great idea. I shall continue to read old forum posts for ideas. So far we bought plastic tumblers and wine glasses in M&S sale. Do people recommend ordinary China crockery or melamine? Should I have posted this in the Beginner section?(n)
We're looking forward to meeting new people when we start motorhoming.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Once again thank you for the warm welcome. We love visiting charity shops so that's a great idea. I shall continue to read old forum posts for ideas. So far we bought plastic tumblers and wine glasses in M&S sale. Do people recommend ordinary China crockery or melamine? Should I have posted this in the Beginner section?(n)
We're looking forward to meeting new people when we start motorhoming.
We use melamine and plastic crockery as they bounce ! If fall out of a cupboard! But one china mug each for tea!! We use that non slip matting which can be cut to size and stops movement of plates bowls etc. In fact I have it in every cupboard! ( tins in a bottom drawer of course!!)
Happy shopping!!
Join here and best Ā£15 you will spend!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Oooooo! Good for you. Let the fun start. More shopping left to do I'm afraid. What have you bought, by the way. I don't think you said. :hiya:

OP
OP
beejay

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We have a tight budget and so we have bought an older motorhome, a 10 year old Chausson 08. As still feeling very wobbly about this please don't all shout at me about our decision :unsure: It's for just the two of us, no grandchildren and not unlikely to be any for some time if at all!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hope you have a great time with her.

Our van "fittings" are a part set of crockery, enough for the van with a couple of spare settings, charity shop cut crystal glasses (I hate drinking from plastic), an Asda set of cutlery...... we bought very little specifically for the van.

As said before use your van :)

You might be able to sweet talk the dealer into giving you the electric hook up lead :)

Another essential is a hose for filling up the water tank .... check what the previous owners left in the van :) Nothing wrong with the Chausson.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back