LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok my heads puzzled with which type of sun canopy would be best for my mum to have. At the moment we have none. She would like to purchase a canopy this year and a privacy room at a later date.

She's in her 70s so can you recommend a make and model that would be easy for her and her friend to put up themselves when its only the 2 oldies away. Doesn't have to be huge. Is there such a thing as a lightweight privacy room? Something as draughtproof as possible would be good.

Ive heard of Fiamma and Omnistar but being new to this its just names to me. Would also need to be quite sturdy as we live in Scotland, lots of wind and rain.

Thanks
Sandra

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My OH helped a neighbour put up a Fiamma privacy/safari room at the weekend - put us off for life and we're nowhere near our 70s!! Looked good when they eventually finished though.

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
She might be better off with a wind out awning and then the Windblockers front and sides. They are very easy to put, very light and very efficient.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
The wind out awnings are easy for over 70's however the Safari Room takes ages to put up and is a nightmare if the wind gets up as the awning growns and moans all night long!! Only our experience but after a bad weather winter in Spain we sold our Safari Room.
The new Inflatable awnings look good if you really need the outdoor space. We have the wind blockers which again are good but if we think it's going to be breezy overnight we take the awning in, cannot stand the noise.
I notice you are in Glasgow. I am on a FB camping equipment group and a member, whom I do not know, has one of the inflatable drive aways for sale. Message me if you would like details.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
She might find a privacy room far too heavy to manage, as someone has already said a wind out Fiamma awning plus blockers or sides.

If you give Glenn or Ian a ring on 01-580-881288 option 3 they can tell yo all the other options which maybe available.

Peter

Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The wind out awnings are easy for over 70's however the Safari Room takes ages to put up and is a nightmare if the wind gets up as the awning growns and moans all night long!! Only our experience but after a bad weather winter in Spain we sold our Safari Room.
The new Inflatable awnings look good if you really need the outdoor space. We have the wind blockers which again are good but if we think it's going to be breezy overnight we take the awning in, cannot stand the noise.
I notice you are in Glasgow. I am on a FB camping equipment group and a member, whom I do not know, has one of the inflatable drive aways for sale. Message me if you would like details.

LOL I don't know how to message you. Which siite are you on? maybe we could come and see the inflatable awning. We are heading off in the morning for the weekend but no set place yet....Mum wants to be making good use of her new found hobby!

Thanks to all other replies too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, cant see the info on FB as im not a member of the group . Please can you get their number so I can ask further details....never heard of an inflatable awning but it sounds good.

Upvote 0

Kazpaul9

Free Member
Aug 21, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Vango airaway blowup awning

Hi we have just ought the above , you need a fiamma or similar to attach the awning to . It is so easy to put up you could do it on your own. It has 2 beams that you pump up and then you just peg put and it's done . Brilliant .:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Which ever awning you go for you will still need an wind out to attach it to, but watch what you buy the Fiamma takes a 4mil beading the Omnister 6mil, some come with a double beading but not all, maybe a lightweight tent would be easier for them. Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back