Cancelled my C&CC membership today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by slobadoberbob, Apr 17, 2012.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I cancelled the continuous CC&C membership direct debt.. taking back control of my money.. I have been cancelling all of the automatic payments that keep coming out of my bank.. Snooper and there camera up date. CC&C and a few others as well... they sneak up on you.

I feel the magazine I get from C&CC is a waste of space... not impressed with there camp sites for RV's and the discounts on the ferries I can do just as well booking direct so that is another £40 saved.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Bob, you're obviously going to the wrong ones, 1 in about 12 we've been to wasn't RV, or motorhome frankley freindly, and 1 which has apparently been improved now, but hopefully we wont go their again, nice site just walled in, Oban, and Midge holiday camp/slaughter ground.....

3. slobadoberbob

well the last visit to Salisbury did it for us

The last visit to Salisbury did it for us.. they do not like RV's and certainly not trailers. Plus there was a a lot of rather objectionabal goose stepping wardens... very disappointed.. smashing city.

Bob

• Like Like x 3
  4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Paid for the gun then :thumb:

5. slobadoberbob

that is thinking outside the box.. like it

Now that is thinking outside the box.. I like that.. I suspect I will get better value out of the air gun than the C & CC this year.

Bob:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. gawatt

gawatt Read Only Funster

We're still new to all this and joined the C&CC for the list of sites really. I suppose once you have the book and have your list of favourites, there's little point if you've had problems.

The club sites seem a bit expensive if all you want to do is settle in for the night. We've just had our first two nights out in the new van and stayed on CS sites. I'll give the C&CC a go for a year and see if it's worth it after that.

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The meets & THSs are enough to give us value for the £40. We're unlikely to use the main sites (but no more so than other commercial sites) but have used CSs and will continue to do so.

8. slobadoberbob

some of the issues

Some of the issue is the attitude to motor homes, especially RV's.. while caravans can have a awning and a car parked up beside them.. you try that with a motor home.. they come and measure the room and if you have a car.. has to be left out side the site.

expensive as you say...

Attitude of the wardens is a big issue.

They take a deposit and if you cancel they will not give any credit to a new date... so it can be expensive if there is a change or plans or dates.. They do very much as they wish as a club and in my own view do not pay any heed to members requests. Found there travel side to not be the cheapest.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

We don't take deposits Bob however, remember CS/CL's etc are limited to 5 vans. people canceling can keep those sites empty. The block booking of the caravan fraternity is enough to drive a site owner mad. They have to try and earn a living (we try to do so without adding extras, dog, awning, car, tent , extra people etc). and at the same time keep prices very low max we can take is £49 per day for the site, hardly covers my fuel to turn up and let people in. To have the site booked and then booking canceled after turning (I wish) people away is not on. However as I say we don't take a deposit anyway so tis immaterial in our case.
    I'm sure milad that when a client booked an appointment with you they paid even if they didn't turn up. Do I hear a quote of contract law, breach of agreement etc. your van is a small RV, no bigger than most euroboxes so that should not be a problem, Charging extra for a toad is an abominable practice when compared to a car/caravan situation, trailed I can see an extra parking space being used and in some cases could warrant it. If the CFL's ever get off the ground then I suspect there will be a more tolerant attitude and funsters will be happier for it.

10. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

The C & CC Membership is the one that we use the most. We rarely stay on their sites.

We do go away most weekends in the summer with the Kent Motor Caravan Section. Also thier temporary holiday sites alone would pay the £40 membership a year. I have seen many RV's on these.

Sonja

• Like Like x 1
  11. slobadoberbob

I take your point Rodger

I do take your points Roger... but I object to paying months in advance for a pitch.. not just here in the UK but overseas... example last year we booked and paid a hefty deposit for a site we use in France for the pitch.. when we arrived someone was on it and the site fairly empty.. so now I do not pay up front deposits.. if the site is full we can always find another in France.. also said and done a deposit is to cover a loss if the person does not turn up.

But Rodger Solicitors do not take deposits and many a time I have had no shows.. just get on with the pile of paper work.. yes there is a contractual situation, but it is not worth the issues of recovery.

If I book somewhere and plans have to change I would do as I would hope others would do to me.. cancel the booking as soon as I can.. If I have a possible issue I let the organiser or the site know so that they can let the place or pitch as needed. Always done that and will do so until I stop motor homing.

But the C&CC (unlike the CC) seems to have gone deposit mad.. but it is not just the sites, it is the attitude in general even at the district meets.. I need to charge the disabled scooters.. I do not feel I need to beg to do that.. but on the district meets I have found the members to be less than will to be helpful.

These days we pick and chose where we go... mainly shows or trips overseas.. but I am far less enjoying motor homing in recent times than the 25 years I have been active doing it. Starting to re think what I want to do after this season.

Bob

12. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Deffo some of them treat motorhome and RV owners as second class members. Oxford site Cancelled ON ME and kept my deposit! I was told I could use it to pay for another booking but only there. Thats like getting food poisoning in a restaurant and receiving a voucher for a free meal as an apology!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Drew

Drew Funster

We joined the cc and considered the c&cc. have used some CL's, not really interested in the bigger sites, never paid a deposit and always been pleased. Only been asked if we were members a couple of times, and I bet if we had said no they would have taken us as the sites were both empty.
    Is it worth it? don't know but I think it might be, would we join both? probably not.

14. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

I don`t see the point of a membership.
    We stayed 2 weeks back on a farm site and they demanded my c +cc card before i drove in.
    Thing is -- i found the site on the UK campsite web site so what was C+CC club to do with it?

If C+CC just charge for advertising --they wasted their time with me because i found the campsite else where !:thumb:
    Why do we need these clubs if we can now access all we need on line? with reviews as well, so we have some idea from real users, what the sies are like.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. slobadoberbob

CC do not but C&CC do

The CC do not charge a deposit.. but the C7CC do charge deposits.

Bob:cry:

16. slobadoberbob

it is about the registration of a site

It is about the registration of a site.. I suspect Rodger (Wildman) or JIM could tell you the in's and out's of the issues. But as you say these days you can find a lot of sites on the internet.

The one think I do belong to and get great value from is the ACIS .. that has paid for it's self every year.. plus this year a free carnet which I was paying £5.50 to C & CC for each year.

The discounts that the ACIS give by membership at european camp sites is worth having.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  17. slobadoberbob

It has been the C&CC district meets that decided me

It was the district meets of the C&CC that finally decided me to withdraw.. no generators.. I regret I need to charge my disabled scooters and that means running the genny for a while with consideration... while I always asked I got a lot of flack from the caravan section.. not made very welcome as an RV and I am taking about Kent as that is the district meets I am with.

Bob

18. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

the CC charge a deposit because they suffered a lot of no shows as some folk book 2 or 3 dfferent sites and go or not dependant on the weather.The amount they charge is not excessive. Most CLs I have been to do not charge a deposit.

It would be a good idea for the C&CC do do the same as they quite often suffer the same problem, again usually CS's dont

19. Drew

Drew Funster

Probably not worth it for us then. :Cool:

20. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Because without the clubs most of the sites would probably not exist. It is the clubs which provide the exemption certificates which enable the sites to operate. Without such a route the owners would have to go through the more complicated (and less certain) process of applying for planning permission so may well be put off.

Some CS/CL owners send details to UK Campsite and other organisations but other entries are sent by "users" completely outside the control of the site owners and clubs. The only places where you will find full (and up to date) listings of all CLs/CSs are on the club sites themselves.

• Like Like x 4