Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hi,

I'm in Vancouver, Canada but my wife and I hope to be in a motorhome in the UK in a month or so. I've been dickering with a dealer a bit over a '95 Frankia I620. We plan to tour the UK, Ireland and northern France over three months this year, store the motorhome and then tour the continent in a similar manner over the next couple of years.

We have a travel trailer at home but the motorhome route seems to be the less difficult way for us non-EU residents to tour on your side of the pond.

I may be asking for advice as I proceed. This forum seems to be a friendly place to share experiences and have a laugh.

ImaHeadaU

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the site, one of the problems you are likely to encounter is insurance, do let us know how you overcome that one. Insure at home for foreign travel or insure once in the UK. Not sure the latter is possible without a fixed UK address but do let us know how you get on. I live in the chatroom so do pop in there and say hi. Quiz on thursday evening in the chatroom at 8pm UK time.
7d8bb0f6.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just another thought, we visited a caravan storage place the other day near March, Cambridgeshire. Brilliant place, has won gold star for security, we are very impressed. If you don't have storage sorted out it might be something you could consider, it only costs £3.75 + v.a.t per week for hardstanding, which he said works out at £112.13 for 6 months. Payable 6 monthly. It's only £2.75 + v.a.t. for storing on grass, but they don't let motorhomes on the grass.

If anyone else is interested, please send us pm.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ImaHeadaU

ImaHeadaU

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

welcome to the site, one of the problems you are likely to encounter is insurance, do let us know how you overcome that one.

I've been researching this for a while. There are some UK dealers who do buy back deals with non-EU residents. The purchaser needs a UK address and an Ausie company, Downunder will insure the motorhome at a bit of a premium.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ImaHeadaU

ImaHeadaU

Free Member
Jul 13, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Just another thought, we visited a caravan storage place the other day near March, Cambridgeshire. Brilliant place, has won gold star for security, we are very impressed. If you don't have storage sorted out it might be something you could consider, it only costs £3.75 + v.a.t per week for hardstanding, which he said works out at £112.13 for 6 months. Payable 6 monthly. It's only £2.75 + v.a.t. for storing on grass, but they don't let motorhomes on the grass.

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back