Can you top my week of BAD LUCK (1 Viewer)

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Can you top my week of BAD LUCK
van only a year old

we booked up from monday to thursday leave date in campsite in yorkshire

OK left on monday to goto yorkshire, skipton to have van serviced and have hab service and warrenty work done at same time,
Oh this is the first time i am towing my car behind van very nervous

On the way the satnav packed up, got lost around bradford and then country lanes
Brought new one :cry: 150 pounds

got to club sight found the charger unit had burnt out on way :Doh::shout:

things needing doing were
recall plate
leaking shower, told them it was a washer
cieling tape replacement
front n/s/light keeps going off
rear door locks need replaceing
now charger unit needs replaceing
hab and motor service

then when we turned up at garage to book van in on teusday morning i was told oooohh this is to much work for one day so will have to have van for two days to get it done, ok fine

left van came back afternoon told lights and cieling tape needs to be done next day, nice nearly all done, WRONG

got nearly back to campsite when we noticed no habitation lights on no power to switches no fridge nothing so back we go, oh sorry they must have turned it all off service guy states he turns it back on, how, never new you could turn every thing off like that says i , well thats tricks of the trade and they should have put it back on for you sorry:Angry:, gets back to campsite, bloody shower still leaking even though they have replaced shower taps and unit but not the bloody pieace i suggested,
next day takes van back to get it finnished,tells them of leak still , go back in afternoon sorry but the fault with the lights is maybe a controler modual so needs to be taken to main dealer down your way you will need to contact them and make a date, they say they cannot find the water leak, another 40 mins waiting for them to check again and yes they have found the leak it is a washer lower down, (what did i say earlier)everything else done fine pay up and go back to camp site it pelting it down now raining cats and dogs, unhitches the Aframe hum:whatthe: something wrong here Ratchet is stuck solid so cannot hitch back onto van to go home unless it can be released, phone towtal it needs to be taken there to have somat done, so next day i will need to race down to stoke from yorkshire and back, OK i gets back midday missus says hold yer breath :Sad: The fridge has packed up:Doh::cry::cry::shout:

Have to have thetford have a look, boring this aint it:Blush:, well gets back to storage on friday to put van in and guess what Somebody has Blo;'.[;]:D[ pinched me storage space for van so no were to store it as i could not reach any one who mattered on the phone.

:Smile: me got to smile or i cry, i need a holiday holliday

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

that lot will take some beating, what a sad week you have had I feel for you,personally i would have taken to my bed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hope it all gets sorted soon and everything runs as smooth as silk.

keep your chin up

Longtemps

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Funster No
Moral of the story is that when you get everything eventually sorted out, which could take years [it did me - all of five!], don't even contemplate buying a new one again. I would normally change any vehicle I have [including motorhomes] every 3-4 years. However it took me so long to get everything as it should be, I thought no way am I putting myself through that again. When I change it will be second hand only with a better chance of faults having been fixed.

Still I love motorhoming and would not give it up for the world and one day the manufactures and some dealers will possibly stop treating their customers like mugs - but don't hold your collective breaths!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Can you top my week of BAD LUCK :cry::Sad::cry::Sad::cry:

I most certainly cannot, hope things get better for you real soon.:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi H14KLY, sorry to her that. We took ours in Wednesday for a few little jobs. LED light goosed along bottom of side of van, wifey broke a catch on door under sink, reversing camera on blink. LED and door catch replaced (no charge) camera can't be fixed so they ordered a new complete kit which is being sent to me. Amazing how two people come away from a dealer with opposing views in the same week. :Eeek:

We found the ceiling joint tape poor on ours so got some white plastic strip from our local plastics dealer and put it on with decrators caulk. :thumb: Makes a better finish IMHO. :thumb:
Hope your troubles are soon sorted. ::bigsmile:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
dont want to have a week like yours .keep taking the tablets .:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.