DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Some sort of drinks/cup holder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
A dual cupholder to go in a single cup holder?

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
dual cupholder to fit the Ducato dashboard cup hole?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Something like that to hold a sat nav would be useful. I saw details of a home made prototype somewhere on the Internet years ago but have never seen anything commercially produced.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Something like that to hold a sat nav would be useful. I saw details of a home made prototype somewhere on the Internet years ago but have never seen anything commercially produced.
I've 'propped' our sat nav there in the past but it is too low/close so the driver can't really use it - the best place for it is on the centre of the dash at the front of where the 'clip board' bit is ... I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've 'propped' our sat nav there in the past but it is too low/close so the driver can't really use it - the best place for it is on the centre of the dash at the front of where the 'clip board' bit is ... I'll have to get my thinking cap on.
We used to have ours on the clip board when we used a 3 inch screen TomTom and a slightly larger Garmin but the 7 inch screen of the NozaTec is, at least, bordering on the obstructive as regards the driver's view regulations. We now mount it at the front of the dash shelf - not easy for the driver to see but fine for the navigator (which we have, there being two of us). See Here.

I can see that the cup holder location could easily be too low for smaller screen devices but it should be OK for the 7 inch ones (if necessary with some sort of pole arrangement from the piece that fits in the cup holder). It's something I've thought about looking into in the past but never got round to.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997

I took an existing TomTom One suction cup holder, turned it sucker side down and screwed it to the built-in map clipboard. The new SatNav has a wider screen so it just goes on the window.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
That's a great idea!
Don't know if you meant my cup holder or the GPS modification in the post above yours?

The cup holder is dead easy to make.

You need one of these Broken Link Removed at £6.36

And two of these Broken Link Removed at £3.96 each

A bit of MDF and a hole saw and a couple of screws. £15 all in - worth it to avoid those arguments as to who owns the original cup holder.

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Thanks,some great ideas and not so great .keep um coming?ta

Join us or log in to post a reply.