Can you see what I can't? (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It took me forever to work out how to import a photo, thought I had it sorted last week, even added one to my profile

It then appeared with my name on posts, I was really to beginning to feel I was getting there!!

Now when I check posts where I have added my bit, all I see is the silhouette, my profile still shows the photo of our dog (Lola) attempting the stiles / sheep stoppers around Hawes

So, can you see what I can't?

David :Doh:

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
You are not the only one,I to have tried to put a profile picture in it never works.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If you click on Edit profile (above)

Click in the second box down ... browse

this takes you to your photos, click the one you want and click in the second box again, submit save changes. It should appear IF it isn't too big.. if it doesn't appear it could be too big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Avatar photos have to be very small to download fully, no more than 97kbs. Check the size of the photo you are trying to download. I change mine the other day and it took about 4 attempts but got it small enough in the end.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry guys I know its confusing. But the picture that appears next to your posts is an AVATAR. Click on my avatar and in my profile you will see my real mug, which is my profile pic. :thumb: Link Removed

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Sorry guys I know its confusing. But the picture that appears next to your posts is an AVATAR. Click on my avatar and in my profile you will see my real mug, which is my profile pic. :thumb: Link Removed

I thought how hard can that be!!

I have reduced size to 100 due to numerous failed attempts, I keep getting a vBulletin message Upload of file failed

Properties all seem OK 2053 bytes 100 x 100 pixels

My profile now shows the photo set as Avatar where it wasn't before, but not on my thread still

Sorry, any more ideas, I really think I have followed your prompts to the letter, resizing etc

David

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
:thumb:Jim you really do have special powers, it is all fixed, despite saying it failed

That is my kind of failure, thanks for the help

Now just need to get booked on the Easter meet for my first face to face

David :thumb:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You are not the only one,I to have tried to put a profile picture in it never works.

It took me several goes, I reduced size to 100 in the end, that seemed to be the key, but even then it said file upload failed, but it worked anyway

Good luck with yours

David

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am not as mad as yuo think IMHO

For anybody about to post some sarky comment about seeing what I can't, it really was not there when I first posted

Now I look a right plonker!! :whatthe:

David

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

But your avatar and your profile mug shot are the same.... :Confused:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I can see your doggie xxxx:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

and even if it did vanish and reappear, by having the guts to ask, you have probably solved lots of other funster piccy problems

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
How do I resize a picture?

I used the link on Jims reply, this opened a new page, I selected the photo I wanted, set size originally to 120 but then reduced to 100 when it did not work. The picture is reduced then I right clicked on revised image saved to my desktop for my own ease, but it appeared as my Avatar automatically

I did not work first 2 times, I then changed the photo but I think although I had set size to 120 it was still too big, third time lucky for me

Good luck

David :thumb:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I got the same message when uploading my piccy: "File upload failed" but the picture appeared anyway. Just a glitch I think. Now if anyone knows how to make the site spellchecker do English English instead of US English that would be helpful...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
For anybody about to post some sarky comment about seeing what I can't, it really was not there when I first posted

Now I look a right plonker!! :whatthe:

David

Now you know how I feel after most of my posts...::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back