Can you put your hand in your oven when its on full heat

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by lodgey, Oct 7, 2011.

1. lodgey

lodgey Read Only Funster

I am having issues with my Thetford Aspire Oven. It does not hold its heat and it takes at least one hour to get hot. Once hot the heat seems to go into the grill as this is always very hot to touch. The oven however is not and I can put my hand onto the bottom of the oven and even on full heat after an hour it is barely warm. Does anyone have the same problem or know of a solution to this please.

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi and welcome :thumb: buy a new oven :Eeek: it should work just like the one you have in your house :thumb:
    terry

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Hi lodgey and welcome to the Fun :flyingwelcome:

With regard to your oven problem I don't know how long you have had the van & if the oven has worked correctly for you in the past.
    However I would suggest before spending out on a new one have it serviced & checked over by a professional lpg gas fitter.

Brian

4. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

My top grill bit gets very hot when the oven is on, but then again the oven is bloody hot. If yours is not getting hot I would try and find out where all that heat is going. the other thing to look is if the thermostat is working as it should , sounds like you need to get a gas professional to have a look to be on the safe side.:thumb: