Can You Overnight At Holyhead For Ferry?

Discussion in 'Wales' started by Theonlysue, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Catching ferry on a Monday to Ireland, is there anywhere nearby to park overnight on the Sunday night please?
    Will be travelling from Misterton.
    Ta

2. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Junction 2 off A55 has Morrisons, Tesco, etc, all the trucks overnight there, there's a pub its well lit at night and I would think safe.

Eric

• Like Like x 2
  3. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

For those of you travelling through Holyhead Port to Ireland a brand new RoadKing truck / vehicle stop owned by BetFred has just opened 1 mile from the port and apart from the usual lorries it welcomes Motorhomes. I think it's around £10 per overnight stay inclusive of free showers , EHU power and access to licensed bar and cafe which serves a superb breakfast .

• Like Like x 5
  4. Angelwitch

Angelwitch Funster

We doing the same in a few weeks am i to understand that we can't just park up for the night in the ferry car park? i've been in it once before but that was just to leave my car as i was a foot passenger.

5. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

Thanks,
    Good to know.
    Once crossed from Irl to Holyhead and took B&B in a hotel there called the 'The Mount' hotel. O my god.... Stayed an hour and slept in the car.... Check trip advisor for reviews....

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

I have stayed in the RSPB carpark by the stack lighthouse about 15 mins to the west of Holyhead,
    Very quiet with great views over St George's channel, cafeteria and toilets on site ,

• Like Like x 2
  7. Angelwitch

Angelwitch Funster

Just been researching this as it will be my prob soon.Victoria road car park and Upper Hill Street are both 4 mins away from port.Victoria has 23 spaces and Upper Hill 40 or more .Payment is 8.00-20.00 free outside these hours and even then its only£3 for 4 hours .I hope to get there for 6 or 7ish when shoppers have gone home,pay for a couple of hours and then up and off at 6am (Early sail-groan)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Polly Put The Kettle On

Polly Put The Kettle On Read Only Funster

Hia

Any updates on staying overnight at Holyhead
    I will be returning from Ireland end of the month and don't dock till 12 midnight
    Travelling on my own with dog so needing somewhere to stay safely

9. Angelwitch

Angelwitch Funster

See my post above about the car parks they really are close.Or you can roadside? come out of port ,turn right (everyone else will be going left to join main road out) and the road widens out ,we parked there overnight no probs.

• Like Like x 1