Free Member
Jan 21, 2012
Canberra Australia
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just beginning
Hi there, I've recently purchased a US built Safari Trek, with those hard to find 19.5" wheels.
I'm urgently looking for a220-70R-19.5" wheel (with or without a tyre) as a spare. I've tried a few of the US RV suppliers without success to date-
I knew they were not all that common, but this is becoming very difficult now. Heading to France in early May, and don't want to be caught without a spare.
I'm told there is a "tyre guy" every 50 miles or so in the US.....so no spare was supplied from new.
France I suspect may be trickier.....

I'm uncertain if the US wheel centre profile is the same as the UK-Europe style/size, and would consider the less rare 245-70-19.5 and see how that goes as a last resort (will be a vast improvement over "no spare")

Any help-leads appreciated.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Hi there,
if you go on to the RVOC site, and ask for Brian Evans, a member there, he will help i am sure. He runs a tyre company, and has supplied many American RV owners.

Craig

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Seconded, Brian will with out doubt be able to help
http://www.rvoc.co.uk/

Just incase you dont know rvoc is a sister site to fun where most of the members with amercan units can talk techy stuff as well as general banter

Hi and welcome to fun - oops - just noticed that you are in Austrailia till May when you come to europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back