Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Horses for courses.

When I had a caravan I joined the CC, but it was (and still appears to be) a bit up itself. Just look at some of the letters moaning about all sorts of things. I am now a member of the CCC, but only for the sites and CLs.

As for ASCI they are worth the money for their discount card. Last autumn I saved about 90 Euros in 2 weeks using it on my first ever motorhome trip.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We are c&cc and asci.. Asci definitely saves money.. C&cc has some nice sites.. (temp sites are great) and we like the cls.

But when planning we use Alan Rogers a lot.. We also have the all the Aires book. We don't go anywhere there aren't reviews..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We prefer CC&C in the UK, we found some of the CC sites a bit too regimental, also the CC&C offer a Senior Discount.
We use ACSI sites in Europe but also use Aires, and Municipal Sites in the High Season.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Years ago I used to be in the CandCC when they gave international camping carnets and the ferry prices were cheaper. I can now book cheaper ferries myself and have not been asked for a camping carnet for years, so don't bother with any now and spend the savings on beer.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
CCC & ACSI is all we're in dumped CC a few years ago was in Brit Stops for 1 year but didn't really use it so didn't renew.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
CC for us.

always use there great range of CLs but nrarely a site.

excellent value.:thumb:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
CC for us too. Will get ACSI when we start going overseas more.

Cancelled the C&CC this year - plenty of 'issues' with them - and their new pricing structure means any comparable site booking is about 20% dearer than the CC. The 'friendly club' they certainly aint:Eeek: (OK if you're a solo traveller or on age concession - but otherwise stuff 'em!)

Can still use CS's though as most are very accomodationg - member or not:winky:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We are in CC & CCC use both for cl's &n cs's , prefer CC just seem that little bit better, when we are in France we mostly (95%) use Aires some free some charge.
:sin: Terry:sin:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We're in CCC but rarely if ever use their sites as we're quite happy with just a field, bog and water tap in the UK, and aires or locally-owned sites abroad. Their ferry prices can still be quite competitive when booked well in advance, and by offering the Camping Card International there's the opportunity for discounts on some European campsites, but whether it all offsets the membership fee I'm not sure.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We dont 'do abroad', saw enough of that place in The Army. And so it's the CC for us. We were in the CCC for 25 years, but got tired of being told just where to pitch, (the better/best places being reserved for the wardens mates), and to poor standard of facilities. After all, if your paying top whack, then you should be getting decent loos.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
ACSI for us. And it always pays for itself and some:thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
None,
Was with c+cc but when on travels was told - the discount only applies out of season:Angry:
I can get that myself by searching on the net.

Sort my own out now, if I turn up on a site to be told --members only (join here) ,
I would rather drive down the road and book in where I don`t have to conform to a set of rules pre laid out by some conglomerate somewhere.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
acsi for us pays for itself in no time and added bonus of knowing before arriving at reception exactly what the fees are. Can't see the point of the rest of them(for us)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Acsi and C&CC for us. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Acsi discount has saved us more than the membership cost every year.

Gave up on the CC - such a difficult company to have dealings with.

Last year friends were treated like dirt at one of their sites by the wardens.

That was enough for us.

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
What about Passion France? Does anyone use it? I know they tend to be in out of the way places but the thought of staying in vineyards & farms quite appeals to me.

Also, I looked through some literature of C&CC (I think it was them) and it seemed to be (in the small print) set up as a kind of company & when you join you become part of it & if it were to go bust you are liable for any remaining debts - obviously to be split up among remaining members - Or was I dreaming ??? Though they did seem to get good discounts on the ferry - MH gets over for the price of a car & we will frequently have to be travelling across the water as we've seen all there is to see here.

Dot

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Like everyone else I can only report on our findings..
I say our rather than my as in this instance I thought it only fair and correct to discuss the question with Maureen.

We both agree that our dealings with the Caravan Club were and have been nothing but abysmal..
We have both found the staff on sites abrupt, bordering on rude, the pitch prices absolutely sky high, and over all, a very poor experience

Two years ago we decided it would be nice to support at least one UK based camping related club again, so looked very carefully at MCC and C&CC

We visited both stands at a few shows to get a better feel of what was offered.

Although the MCC had something to offer, we both felt the C & CC had more.

Last year we decided not to travel Europe but the UK, making use of our C & CC membership.

I was shocked at the difference between CC and C & CC.
Both are supposed to be in the same area of service ( so to speak ) but as obnoxious and greedy we had found the CC, the C & CC was friendly and helpful.
Every site we visited ( apart from one, but that IS in a certain area that is famous for a tv series and they are really cashing in on the location ) was reasonably priced, spotless and had excellent facilities.

On top of that we got a worthwhile discount on ferry crossings ( which more or less paid for membership )

We also have ACSI membership which is a total godsend if you, like us, travel outside he UK.
We generally save more that the cost of membership the first time we use the card.

Although the ACSI prices have risen in recent years, so have the site fees across Europe, so the ACSI card still saves us more than a pretty penny.

Britstops are pretty good if you intend staying in the UK.

BUT !!

All of the above is of no use if you do not use what ever club / system you opt for.

Remember, the more you use the membership the better deal you are effectively getting :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back