Can I simply replace a Caro Digital control box with an Oyster Digital one??? (1 Viewer)

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Picked up the van in North Germany two weeks ago but still here parked on my friends driveway next to his Hymer B524 which he bought from me last year. Odd to see my old and new van stood next to each other long after I sold it..........??? I digress.

Thing is, new van (second hand) has the Tenn Haaft Caro Digital satellite tv system which I simply can't get astra 2 on here in Neumunster. I should be able to even with the small dish. I think the control box is analogue even though it is called Caro Digital. Had the same issue with my old van (next door!) and had to have a digital control box fitted in the UK at a cost of around £600. Is it possible that even though it says in the gumpf it's a Caro Digital the box can in fact be analogue and the 'Digital' only refers to the dish? Sorry, plate, or square or whatever we should call it.

Assuming it is or could be an analogue box I got to thinking what if I swapped over my old digital control box from my old van for this Caro one? Does it matter that one is Oyster and one is Caro?? I'm sure it does but if not then I had better be quick as my friend is in France until tomorrow and as he only watches German TV .........he will never know!?!?!?!?

I would of course ask him before you all start moralising with about not informing him, what do you think I am??? :RollEyes: I will, honest I will.

Anybody know the answer. I hadn't planned on changing the system over to the larger Oyster system as I was trying to be good and get back to books and other stuff. But you know, it's starting to hurt kinda. If'n'ya know what I mean. I've just been released from the hospital here in Kiel after a Lumber Discectomy and Barricade op so I have to lol around for a bit before I drive back to the UK and I'm beginning to think books just won't cut it!!

Thanks.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If its getting anything at all on Astra 1 in Germany it will be digital, as Germany is now digital anyway. It will just need programming to search Astra 2 instead of Astra 1 for the search.

OP
OP
C

Cocoro

Free Member
Nov 5, 2011
Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yeah, I tried all that. Switched to Astra 2, automatic search, location search etc. Didn't know that all German transmissions were now in Digital also. I guess that means no point in swapping over the control boxes as if there is no Analogue transmissions anymore Ralf would be kind of miffed to find he now had an analogue box!

I wonder what it is. I would have thought I could have got a tiny signal even if the dish is too small to get a good one. But nothing at all. Not a glimmer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back