can anyone help with my Elddis Autostratus LS (1 Viewer)

trottersfarm

Free Member
Mar 17, 2012
manchester
Funster No
MH
elddis autostratus ls
Exp
im a newbie
HI Everyone
Greeat looking forum
my dad has purchased a 2002 fiato ducato 2.8 elddis autostratus LS yester day off ebay
everything seems fine with it but have a couple of questions im sure the expert's on here could answer !
1) no reception on the radio but cannot see the ariel on the body of the motorhome anyone know where its located my dad wants his radio 2 back !!!
2)the motorhome has 17inch rims on the front and 16 inch rims on the rear which i dont think is riight as the spare is a 16 inch rim anyone help with what are the correct size rims and tyres ?
3)the water carrier on the side of the body has the filler locking cap missing (it has a plastic petrol cap where the original must have been lost anyone know where i can purchase one is it just the same as a lockable petrol cap ???
any other recommendations on this model of camper would be greatly appreciated as he wants to go touring europe for 6 months in it !
:Smile:
many thanks
Terry

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome to fun:thumb: you could try these people for your filler cap, not sure if you will be able to get just the cap or replace the whole thing, they are good for just about anything Motorhome related:thumb:
Not totaly sure on your wheels but I would think they should be all the same size but someone will be along shortly to let you know on that point:thumb:
Again on the radio not sure but my van has the same cab as yours and mine has a bendy arial on the wing, but it may have been put there at a later date, but either way you can always do the same:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
As John says the wheel issue looks a bit iffy to me. The Ariel thing I wouldn't bother with they ate renouned for having crap reception for radio anyway . Personally I would go for a good cd player

OP
OP
T

trottersfarm

Free Member
Mar 17, 2012
manchester
Funster No
MH
elddis autostratus ls
Exp
im a newbie
hi guys
thx again for the speedy replies!!!
dont really want to drill the body for a ariel any good window mount one's that are recommended
thx
Terry ::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Never got a good result with window mounted Ariel, have tried many, think the Luton's overhang stops them working well. I have always mounted Ariel on Luton always works well then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI Everyone
Greeat looking forum
my dad has purchased a 2002 fiato ducato 2.8 elddis autostratus LS yester day off ebay
everything seems fine with it but have a couple of questions im sure the expert's on here could answer !
1) no reception on the radio but cannot see the ariel on the body of the motorhome anyone know where its located my dad wants his radio 2 back !!!
2)the motorhome has 17inch rims on the front and 16 inch rims on the rear which i dont think is riight as the spare is a 16 inch rim anyone help with what are the correct size rims and tyres ?
3)the water carrier on the side of the body has the filler locking cap missing (it has a plastic petrol cap where the original must have been lost anyone know where i can purchase one is it just the same as a lockable petrol cap ???
any other recommendations on this model of camper would be greatly appreciated as he wants to go touring europe for 6 months in it !
:Smile:
many thanks
Terry
Yes seems a bit odd, can't you find the last owner? and perhaps he can explain, must be logicle reason for the miss match? hope you can find it!!! Cheers Alf:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the model year may be a bit early but the aerial could be part of the door mirror.

it should be on 16" wheels all round......a previous owner may have fitted 17" in the false assumption it will improve fuel economy or higher speed for a given rev range and may also cause an inaccuracy on the speedo.

front tyre 'roll' on cornering will be lessened though with the lower profile tyres

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back