campsites snowdonia (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We will be staying at the Pen Y Bont caravan park from the 9th to the 14th of April.
Never stayed there before but it is in a good location.
Depends if you are going after us, but I will post a review on the site as soon as we get back.
Web site is www.penybont-bala.co.uk so you can have a look for yourself and see what you think.

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
thanks for the posting, site looks good, we are going end of June on our way south from Scotland so look forward to your comments after your stay, sure you will enjoy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Within Snowdonia itself there are quite a few sites, Bala is quite a way off from the mountains, I would have a look around Beddgelert which is quite handy for some of the mountain walks /climbs up and around Snowdonia.

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that carol

Thanks for the link jenny will study later on

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Within Snowdonia itself there are quite a few sites, Bala is quite a way off from the mountains, I would have a look around Beddgelert which is quite handy for some of the mountain walks /climbs up and around Snowdonia.

I have camped (tent) at Bala in my dim and distant past and never felt it was far from the mountains. I used to teach mountain leadership and safety as one of my "jobs" in the Army. It's sometimes nice to go somewhere that you don't have to climb over all the walking gear to get into a pub. ::bigsmile:
We will be taking the m/bike anyway, so it should be fairly easy to get around. Plus having the bike will keep me out of the pubs during the day :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have camped (tent) at Bala in my dim and distant past and never felt it was far from the mountains. I used to teach mountain leadership and safety as one of my "jobs" in the Army. It's sometimes nice to go somewhere that you don't have to climb over all the walking gear to get into a pub. ::bigsmile:
We will be taking the m/bike anyway, so it should be fairly easy to get around. Plus having the bike will keep me out of the pubs during the day :thumb:

Hi, I think you have knocked the nail on the head, having your bike to get around will make all the difference, just if you want to leave your van parked up Beddgelart is a bit easier.
Its all fairly local for us so I expect its how you percieve it, all very beautiful though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back