Campsites near the A20 in france (1 Viewer)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Ok you good people, i know most of you use aires when in france but do any of you know of any campsites along the route of the A20 through france in the area of Montauban, if possible dont want to travel more than 10-15km off route, site needs to be able to accomodate a 5ver and a bigish tent. So good access and large pitches with no 'low' bridges to pass under on route. I know Parc Verger is off the A20 but its about 45km off route and im trying to get a family group of nine peeps down to spain for a family celebration and the quicker it is done the better. Then Bill, chats and me can return to our quiet peaceful way of life and enjoy a holiday. Will be travelling from the 25/9 and know that most campsites are closed or getting ready to close at the end of September.

many thanks for any suggestions

maggie

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just bringing this back up to the top for Maggie. Maggie why don'[t you tell them why you are going:thumb:

Second thoughts put that in the ladies coffee room::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chatter

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
thanks for that lenny but i already use archies and Parafoeters site to check things out, main problem is most of the sites in the area close to the A20 appear to close around the 15/9 and we are not going till the 25/9

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This site is much further north than you want but is a good stop over http://www.campingdesologne.fr/ It is in the middle of Salbris on the A71 and just a couple of miles from the A20. Indeed the A71 is a good alternative to the A20.

We have used it a couple of times and there is good access for the larger units

Lunarman

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
dont know if this is any use, when we went that way to southern ardeche we stopped off here Camping Municipal de la Varenne not to far from salbris and was about half way for our trip it was a good little site with good size grass pitches, not sure on the size of your 5er but we had no probs with our van 7.5mtr long, the lane down to it was like a farm track and a bit bumpy if i remember right.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatter

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Belated thanks for your replies, I got a bit sidetracked with other things for a while but i am now back on the site planning for the route seeing as daughter number 2 has told me she is counting down the days :Doh: so i had better get my skates on and sort it

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Municipal Open All Year

Hiya , just off the A20 about 50km. North of Limoges (too far N.?) at Bessines Sur Gartempe . Morterolles-sur-Semme is the location exit 23.1 sp.Chateauponsac . I have been on here a number of times there is a fair bit of space close to the entrance to the site to do a manouevre if you get there earlyish especially. Good luck wherever , we may see you on your travels as we also will be en-route round about that time Al.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back