Campsites near Etaples?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Cam1, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Cam1

Cam1 Funster

Hi All,
    I will be visiting the Military Cemetry in Etaples in August on the way back up from the Med. Does anyone know of any sites close by.
    Thanks
    Cam.:thumb:

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Cam

I am assuming that the Etaples you refer to is about 15 miles south of Boulogne.
    If so you are only a few miles from Le Touquet, where you will find 2 Aires de Service.
    Both are very good and safe, cost if I remember correctly is €7 per night.

Brisey

3. clwyd

clwyd Read Only Funster

Camping nearish Calais

With same assumption I can recommend an excellent small site at Liques - it's some 40km away (NE) but quiet with good bistro, though not easy to find. Good for Calais too. The Calais docks are near enough to reach for a free night before travelling across but neither is suitable for the night before your visit.
    Derek

4. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Brisey I have just put a thread on this dinner time to update the le Touquet Aires prices the port Aire in Le Touquet has now gone up to 9 euros..2 eros for water and 2 euros for 1 hour electric..but the Equestrian site is still 7 euros :thumb:
    Mel

5. clwyd

clwyd Read Only Funster

Sites S of Le Touquet

Looking up my (old) Michelin book I note a site nearby at Montreuil (€12 for 2) 40km S at Rue and Pende (€13) and 3 cheaper ones on the R. Bresle at Blangy (by A26), Bazinval and Incheville (last 3 are C.Municipale at about €10) - take prices with a pinch? - some don't change, others greatly! Gives you some choice if you want facilities, & you can travel 1 hour on to Etaples.
    Derek

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi Cam... Brisey was correct but prices have gone up on one the port Aire to 9 euros per night and 2 euros for water and 2 euros for 1 hour electric.

But there is a third Aire closer free at the AIRPORT ( Etaples as the crow flies 1/2 km it is just over the river estuary but sorry you have to go round in a circle) no water on site no grid to dump grey water or to empty toilet cassette....but that is not a problem just drive down to the other two sites one is 2 to 3 km away...and the other is....5 km away to fill or drop water and empty cassette then back to the airport for the night sometimes it is a little noisy as the light aircraft land and take off,...there is also a motorhome sale place selling motorhomes and spares so it will give you something to look at when bored.....

Mel

7. clwyd

clwyd Read Only Funster

V1/V2/V3 sites

If you're interested in WW2 history I wonder if you know the V1/V2/V3 sites at Eperlecques, La Coupole (near St. Omer) & Mimoyecques (about 15km SW of Calais)?
    Derek

8. Cam1

Cam1 Funster

If you're interested in WW2 history I wonder if you know the V1/V2/V3 sites at Eperlecques, La Coupole (near St. Omer) & Mimoyecques (about 15km SW of Calais)?
    Derek

Hi Derek,
    Thanks for that, I'll see if I can tempt my wife and daughters! Maybe if I ask nicely!!:Rofl1:
    Regards
    Cam.

9. cpease

cpease Read Only Funster

If you cross the river bridge from etaples to le touquet head out of Le touqueot on the coast is a site called Carvanning Stoneham it is also on www.ukcampsites.co.uk