Campsites near Calais (1 Viewer)

ceebee

Free Member
Apr 8, 2008
Funster No
Can anyone recommend a campsite near Calais, we are travelling by Euro Tunnel and arrive in Calais about 4.30pm, and don't want to travel to far on the first couple of nights. It will be our first venture abroad so are real novices, Many thanks in advance:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Ceebee

This july we stayed at Camp site Les Erables at Escalles it's eighteen minutes from Calais port and 10 mins from city europe just right for an over night.

Hope this helps

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Give this one a try (Chateau Gandspette) I don't think you'll be disappointed - used by lots of Brits coming off or returning to ferry:

Link Removed

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Why bother with camp sites at £20+ per night. Get your hands on "All the Aires in France". I had 3 weeks 2 in France and 1 in Spain. And Spain was the only place I paid site feesbn£150. You will be amazed at where the French overnight, all for free. I have just got back from my first Euro Tour. Loved every mile. My last night Thursday14/08/ 08 was at the side of a canal overlooking all the barges etc, and no one batted and eyelid. France is a very Motorhome friendly nation, Laybyes, services, Ive even seen them park up against a a garden wall.
The only hastle I had was the british customs, didnt want to believe that I had been touring on my own in a Motorhome. Bloody stripped my van down, and as I said to them, all for three bottles of Rum.:ROFLMAO:

So go and enjoy.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back