Campsite showers

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Mike-H, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mike-H

Mike-H Deleted User

Turn your shoes upside down when you`re in the shower so they don`t fill with water. Yes, I learned that from experience :Doh: :Laughing:

Apply your sun lotion straight after showering so you don`t miss any bits :sin:

Those small, plastic backed, roll up, travel rugs are good for standing on while you dry your feet etc. :helptitanic: :BigGrin:

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Take a couple of carrier bags ,, 1 for shoes and dirty clothes and 1 for clean clothes,,

Most cubicles have one or two hooks, which are usually not big enough to hold all your loose clothing etc.

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

....and, apply anything remotly smelly, spray deoderant and especially talke IN YOU'RE OWN B*****Y VAN so that those off us that are alergic to such things stand a chance of breathing/making it back out!:Angry:

Sorry, hyjack/rant over, :Blush:

4. Mike-H

Mike-H Deleted User

GOOD POINT! :thumb:

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

wear flip flops.. don't risk athletes foot !

6. philw111

philw111 Funster

Is that before you take them off or after?:BigGrin:

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Or spread it and verruccas!

8. WillH

WillH Funster

I only wear shorts, T-shirt and flip flops or similar when going to the shower. Only take shower gel and towel, anything else either gets in the way, gets wet, or gets forgotten!

Rgds
    Bill

9. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

OR avoid all the above problems -

and shower in the van - you have, after all, paid a small fortune for it and you have carted it with you from home. (the shower that is! )

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  10. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Before drying rub yourself over with flannel before drying with towel, it stops the towel getting so wet.:thumb:

Dave

11. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

or better still take three carrier bags.......

1 for left foot,:thumb:

1 for right foot,:thumb:

1 for modesty.:Eeek:

at least you wont forget anything.

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

totally agree, we avoid "full blown pay a small fortune sites" like the plague, however, if forced to use and paid a small fortune for the privilege I'm sure as hell gonna get my moneys worth :Wink:

13. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

As some of the above posters have mentioned - you may get more than your moneys worth. I have never believed in getting my moneys worth at the expense of getting something that need antibiotics or more to cure!
    I have led a very sheltered life!!:Doh:

14. bald eagle

bald eagle Read Only Funster

We always use our own shower as we always use basic sites.When we got the m/h
    five years ago the previous owner had used it as a wardrobe which had a hanging rail
    fixed across the top,but this did us a favour, we use the rail to hang the shower gel
    on and coats when they are wet. :thumb:

regards
    bald eagle

15. Mike-H

Mike-H Deleted User

...but my van doesnt have a shower - unless I forget to close the sunroof and it rains :rain:

16. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Be smart, don't be a guinea pig send someone else in first:BigGrin::BigGrin:

17. peejay

peejay Read Only Funster

The Wallace,
    Thank goodness for your coments, as a 'no vanner' I was begining to wonder if it was worth the expence having a shower fitted!
    Is there some thing all these 'off site'( not in their M H) users are not telling me? I would have thought it was fun trying to shower in you own cupboard:Rofl1:

18. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

remember the old addage.....'dont drop the soap'....
    you'll never get down for it.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

19. Elvis

Elvis Read Only Funster

confused re shower

Why on earth would you buy a MH and not use the shower?? That's the point aint it! Worse still, buy a MH without a shower :Eeek: Very confused.

20. gazznsam

gazznsam Read Only Funster

i used to know someone who spent close to 70 grand on a top of the range motorhome, had a large bathroom with one of those nice round glass shower erm... well being round it aint a cubicle, a roundicle?

it also had a thetford toilet with a dump through tank, i.e. the 17 litre tank is used, but below that is a fixed tank like an Rv has, and you can pull a lever and have it drop the removable tanks contents into the fixed tank if your dry camping for a while but know where you can dump down a sewer,

the van also had a few solar panels fitted from the factory, a large battery bank, wet central heating system and so on, it was the kind of van i would have gone for if i had 70 grand to burn, designed to be used in europe on the aire and stellplatz network, or wild camping,

But how did they use the van, they only ever EVER stayed on campsites with full facilities, and they didnt like europe so never went abroad, didnt even have passports.

hence they never used the shower in the van, and the toilet was for dire emergancies only, they would request they be pitched near the bog block so they could use it rather than the van's bathroom,
    and of course they always had electric hookup, and to save using the built in central heating system, they had a couple of bloomin fan heaters on the floor!!!!