Campsite plug in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by camel, Aug 7, 2016.

1. camel

camel Funster

Hi,
    I seem to remember reading that Switzerland use a different plug from the usual 2 pin European adaptor. Can anyone confirm this and tell me what I need? I'm planning on stopping in Switzerland for a few days on the way to Italy. First time in Italy too, do the campsites there use the 2 pin adaptor
    Thanks
    Paul

2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

@SwissBob?

Though maybe the only difference is they are mounted close to the ground for the convenience of the gnomes.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Italy uses two pin and standard 16amp sockets, though don't expect much power.

4. SwissBob

SwissBob Funster

image.png We use a bonkers 3 pin affair that no one else this side of china used and china don't use it either.

For EHU it's the same european CEE standard plug.

Edit: some EHU use the German 2 pin plug - campsites will have afapters for loan. For loan read rent. This is Switzerland.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

At Camping International in Luzern they loan out adaptors. A great place to park as well.

Italy, no problem. Their electricity is just sublime. It's left to ripen in the hot Italian sun then prepared to perfection by a method handed down by da Vinci himself.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

Yep - confused me when I went there on a business trip a couple of weeks ago - weird 3 pin jobbie as above, that no one else on the planet seems to use. Even my hotel room only had Swiss sockets, I'm surprised they didn't have Euro sockets as well, some in London do. Hotel offered to sell me an adaptor but I declined! I even remembered to take my euro 2 pin adaptor, fat lot of good that was.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. John745

John745 Funster

I just went to a hardware shop near Interlarken and bought a two pin swiss plug and changed it for one of my euro adapter fly leads.