Free Member
Jul 26, 2008
in my van all over Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
as of may 28, 2009, fulltimer
In my thread about drones some people were very concerned about the privacy/security of their properties. I have seen people (grownups as well as children) on campsites kicking footballs around as if they were on a footballfield. One time I saw a man kicking a football which hit a little girl against her head, she dropped like she was shot, but fortunatly was not hurt).
This all leads me to the following question: are you (as I am) worried that footballs may damage your van, particularly camera's, bumperlights, Oysters etc and what do you do to prevent such a calamity?

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One of the reasons why we don't like to use campsites. We've had it on main sites and CLs too - one family on a CL were actually playing cricket with a REAL cricket ball!!!! :eek: We had a couple of occasions where footballs hit our MH and the 'owner' of the ball was told in no uncertain terms (politely) to go elsewhere. We've also had frisbees, tennis balls etc too ... no they were NOT aiming for us!:D One of the most 'annoying' things though is when parents/grandparents think there's nothing wrong with their kids/grandkids running round and round our van to play 'chasing' games ... drives the dogs nuts!

Give me an 'aire' (even a packed one!) anytime. (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Job done.
upload_2016-1-26_10-25-24.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Reactions: GJH

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
That is one of the main reasons I only use Adult only sites or Forest sites out of season if possible.:mad:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A couple of years ago I saw a drone crash onto an almost new British pvc motorhome damaging the roof and tailgate ... this was on a site in the Dordogne,France.

The French guy flying it was outside the site but lost control causing it to fly over the site and do damage .... He sent his wife to find it expecting her to just walk away with it without any come back.

Fortunately we were on a group tour at the time organized by the C&CC and the tour leaders sorted it out for insurance purposes.

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A couple of years ago I saw a drone crash onto an almost new British pvc motorhome damaging the roof and tailgate ... this was on a site in the Dordogne,France.

The French guy flying it was outside the site but lost control causing it to fly over the site and do damage .... He sent his wife to find it expecting her to just walk away with it without any come back.

Fortunately we were on a group tour at the time organized by the C&CC and the tour leaders sorted it out for insurance purposes.
We were on a C&CC THS last year with a cricket field next door. Arrangements had been made in advance for any games to be played at the far side of the field until some numpty teacher decided he knew better and a ball came over and damaged a van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Kids being allowed to throw frisbies towards my van, while the parents are too busy chatting/BBQing/drinking to notice.... (n)

As posted before though, my favourite, while at Scarborough C&CC...

Dodgy Link Removed

Fortunately I was packing up to leave when Faldo started practising his pitching. Glad I wasn't around when he switched to the driver :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back