lisalou222

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Shrewsbury
Funster No
Exp
10 years.
Hi,
I live in Shropshire, and was wondering if any of you had any knowledge of a campsite/camping field on a working farm nearish to Shropshire/Mid Wales. I would love to take my 2 young daughters to one, they would absolutely love the experience.
Lisa.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I dont know of any , off hand in your area , sorry.
If you are a member of Caravan Club or Camping Caravan Club there should be a C.L. on a farm around the area you are wanting to visit , I would have thought.
This might bump you up so someone else sees your post.
Bev

Highwayman999

Free Member
Aug 12, 2009
Wellingborough
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
Not really shropshire but we go to a lovely small farm CL in the peak district, couple of horses, dog, milking cows, tractors etc. Very friendly, access to old railway line for safe off road cycling / walking.

Mrs J Broadley, Brundcliffe Farm, Hartington, Buxton, SK17 0BA.

Often wins best farm cl. lovely room for b&b for non motorhoming friends

Brad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dikyenfo

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class Mc Louis with small trailer
Exp
1 year
If you have a dog make sure there are no animals on field. In Wales farmer assured me there were no animals in the field. I let the ali out when I got on the field and she ate a lamb. I dar'nt tell Hilary and I cleaned the dog up in the sea and buried the leavings. Not a good holiday!

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Campsite on working farm

Hi Lisalou222

If you are members of the Caravan Club, then have a drive to Frodesley, Mr & Mrs J Davis, Brickyard Farm Frodesley, SY5 7HX (I think thats the post code)

Its a CL site, with shower, wc, cdp, fresh water and 16amp ehu.

If you have Camping & Caravanning Club membership, then the next farm, also Mr Davis, yes same family, have a CS site, same facilities, only newer.

If you do not have "club membership" then may I suggest you look on the Shropshire TI web site, I think there is a "private site," on a farm, in the Church Stretton area.

Another option could be The Ice Cream Farm, Haughton, of the A518 Newport Stafford road, at Haughton, turn right on to Jolt Lane.

Again a working farm, plus small zoo, site shop and cafe.

Hope this helps:thumb:

Nomadic

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Bump
[for lisalou, incase she's missed it]

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, how about a site with horses, dogs and cows (no milking), great walks and cost nothing, interested then get in touch because we are looking for someone to keep an eye on our place whilst we go to france. Water, Waste dump but no electric I'm afraid so you will need solar or Genny. In glorious north Devon right near the coast, 5 miles from world renowned surfing beaches at Woolacombe, 8 miles from Barnstaple a market town, and only 3 miles from Ilfracombe town centre with its beaches coves shopping etc.

Shore-is-Good

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
If you don't like flies in their hundreds(!), I'd give farm locations a wide berth. I found it impossible to keep them out of the van, even though I have screened windows and door. The black fly-5hit leaves indelible black spots all over your paintwork which takes a lot of work to remove.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back