Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
Northwich
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
1 year
Visiting Blackpool on 24th October . Does anyone know of a site that is really accessable to the town centre. Thanks

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi try Hampton Road Social club they have a small basic but very clean and tidy little campsite, your about 5 mins walk to Pleasure Beach and about 20 to tower.
Their website doesn't seem to work so give them a phone, the social club is worth a having a few beers in and a game of bingo.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are in the C&CC there is a THS at South Shore Cricket Club and a meet at St Annes Cricket Club that weekend. Neither are walking distance to the town but there is a bus stop right outside the former and the latter isn't far from a bus stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi try Hampton Road Social club they have a small basic but very clean and tidy little campsite, your about 5 mins walk to Pleasure Beach and about 20 to tower.
Their website doesn't seem to work so give them a phone, the social club is worth a having a few beers in and a game of bingo.
Hampton Road is a very expensive site now, it's the nearest one to Blackpool centre though.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Visiting Blackpool on 24th October . Does anyone know of a site that is really accessable to the town centre. Thanks
Haven Martin mere site, we were ther couple of weeks ago £22 for two nights , bus at the gate every half hour right to the centre, special open top bus tour every night but for a couple , can't remember the nights it doesn't run, £4 for two hour tour of the lights, we were well impressed and any one that's reads my other posts will know that takes some doing;)(y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hampton Road is a very expensive site now, it's the nearest one to Blackpool centre though.
We stayed there in July and paid £27 for 3 adults if I remember correctly, if you work out staying at other site when you need to add bus fares it works out far cheaper and easier. Saying that I doubt we will use it again as in my opinion Blackpool has really went down hill.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In the past we have used the Hampton Rd site, but this year they put the price up to £25 a night ( and this was mid September ) so doubt we will return.
It is a nice site though, and close enough to the middle of the action ( so to speak ) to make amenities within walking distance

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We recently used :
Beechwood Stables, between Fleetwood and Blackpool, close to bus stops each way every 10 minutes.
It is a C/L plus a L/A site, about 20 hardstanding pitches in all.
Advance booking is essential, price £15.00/night.

Each pitch has its own water supply and grey water waste, and 10 amp EHU.

There are three wash rooms with toilet/shower and wash basin, and a CDP a short distance away.

Near to a garden centre with lightbite cafe, or a pub in the nearby village, for meals etc.

Morrison's is about a mile away.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Haven Martin mere site, we were ther couple of weeks ago £22 for two nights , bus at the gate every half hour right to the centre, special open top bus tour every night but for a couple , can't remember the nights it doesn't run, £4 for two hour tour of the lights, we were well impressed and any one that's reads my other posts will know that takes some doing;)(y)
Forgot to add to anyone interested price includes electric , own tap and grey and black emptying right at side of van, set in trees , no noise , park as you like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back