Campsite Map ?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by zaskar, Nov 25, 2009.

1. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Simple question, do we have one?
    I've read some reviews (and very good they are too) but as far as I can see, there's no way of bringing up a map and clicking on the area you wish to visit and then a list of sites in that area coming up.
    makes for VERY simple searching.
    At the risk of being strung up:Rofl1: , the Dark Side have a very good system which even as a (now) non subscriber, I can view.
    So, do we have a similar system, if not, why not? Is it very difficult to set up?

Ta:thumb:

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

Why bother when you have google and uk campsites etc and the c&cc site. Duplication of effort springs to mind.

You coudnt reccomend a campsite in the Oxford area for this weekend could you. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Jim
    :Smile:

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You are describing the excellent ACSI DVD but that is poor for the UK.

For the UK it might be re-inventing the wheel, there are one or two I've seen which do this to some extent.

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

Our own sister site RVOC has one, basically a Google map with links back to RVOC camp site reviews forum. The same system is on ARVC, RVOC and RVF ( see link in signature) all of which I have contributed to.
    I have tried to get ONE map that all the RV /MH forums would contribute to but that's never going to happen.. and to have yet another map is, as already said, like re inventing the wheel..

That's not say it's not a good idea, it is, and it's not difficult to start a Google Map but it demands a dedicated person to look after it, it's a lot of work correlating and checking submissions.. .

jim

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. manners

manners Read Only Funster

6. billkce

billkce Funster

THanks manners, great map & I am definately going to CAMPING VAMPIRE in Romania!!:shout:

7. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

Site at redbridge, opposite the park and ride off the southern bypass. Behind Go Outdoors. about 2 miles from city centre ( use park and ride ) 5 - 10 minutes walk from sainsburys. 5 minute walk to river thames towpath.