Campsite In Munich.

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Snowbird, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Any suggestions on a Munich campsite preferably close to the old Olympic stadium that can take a fairly big rig.

2. makems

makems Funster Life Member

There is an sire at the Continental Stadium where the football clubs play. No good on a Wednesday or Saturday when matches are on but the season has finished so you should be OK. Huge car park I believe but I haven't been myself. I got the info from the Tourist office in Muncih.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJ

JJ Funster

Make sure wherever you park, it is safe and secure.

We don't want scumbags breaking into your storage lockers and nicking stuff...

...like inflatables and out boards etc...

JJ :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Hi Dave, we found 2 camp sites in Munich, best of two is Thalkirchen,
    N48°05'30" E11°32'40", Bus from gates 8am to 11pm, every 10mins, to tube station, get tickets from reception they will tell you what you need,

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  5. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Funster

Info on public transport in Munich, probably the best in the world is at http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/homepage/
    down load the guide on the right hand side of the page in english for starters.
    Ideally get a campsite near to a S-Bahn train station. The Stellplatz at the football stadium in above an U-Bahn station.

• Like Like x 1
  6. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

I'd second Thalkirchen, having been there this spring on other Funsters' recommendations.

You can buy a multi-day public transport pass at reception and the bus (with connections to the nearby U-Bahn) picks up outside the campsite gate.

Nice spot too, with easy access to the Isar riverside (which the locals treat like a beach) and a pleasant Biergarten just a short bike ride away. The cycle network around Munich is excellent.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Many thanks for the heads up on Munich. My semi tame professor has press ganged me into taking his computer out to him but of course I will have to sort my own camping arrangements. Ah well he may pay the beer bill when I arrive.

8. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

If someone else is picking up the beer tab I can personally recommend the Weisses Brauhaus bierkeller in the city centre. Good food too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lorger

lorger Funster

We have stopped twice at the Allianz arena and it's ideal for transport to town and Olympic stadium, if my memory serves me correctly you get the train from the Arena a few stops then change for a couple of stops and your at the Olympic stadium in about 15 mins.
    The Area has elec hook up water and waste, also has a toilet block which we didn't use so can't comment.Heres a pic of us outside the arena at night it changes colour depending on what team is playing on match night or just changes every 30mins if no game. If you need more info just ask.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2