Campsite entertainment (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
we've been on this site for 6days now.... on Sunday a big van parked opposite us and from that moment on has provided us with untold viewing entertainment, the man of the gin palace has done everything and still is...

washed big van, bike rack and bikes...
cut down pitch dividing bushes and dispose, realigned van...
driveway awning out and up all pegged and stormstrap on...
Kitchen tent up and pegged...
Stove and cadac installed said tent...
Plants and solar lights strategically placed...
Untold buckets of ? to and throw to the blockhouse...
Clothes washing done and rotary dryer and clothes line up and pegged....
Cooking lunch and dinner in said kitchen tent every day..
And in between other duties gets changed into Lycra and goes of on bike for ten minutes comes back and changes again....
Constantly checking guy lines and the garage door opens and shuts more times then an IKEA draw mechanism demo.....

And to top it all, ten at night with a torch and tape measure, measuring around his pitch..??
I'm expecting footings going in anytime soon...

All this time the lady of the gin place has been seen to do nothing....

I think he is on holiday.....:rolleyes::D

Oh..forgot... gets a RAKE out of garage and rakes his pitch.....

Who the hell takes a rake with them....Oh Please!....:doh:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Often see people raking pitches in Spain. Don't want any lumpy bits under their mats. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Sounds like he'll need a holiday after all that.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm sure plenty of my fellow campers used to be highly amused by my efforts to erect a large trailer tent single-handed in a mere 3 hours, or more if it was breezy.

Consequently I find others' efforts to put up tents in strong winds equally amusing from the comfort of my MH, after taking about 5 minutes to park it, level it, and uncork the wine.

We can be a callous species can't we?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
He'll be popular with site maintenance and management.

A woman, (the local campsite grass) did point it out to the passing management.... no reprisals yet...?

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
from m/fact or mcc they had their training from @Popeye I think he as gone to the dark side rayxx lol still lol keep a eye out for him he looks like this :mask:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Whilst funny, it does not beat the entertainment to be had when camping at an F1 event. Anyone who has been to the aforesaid will know what I mean.

We always try to arrive to the venue quite early, get the obligatory first day things done (ie buying tonnes of overpriced crap at the stores). Then get back to the van and grab a glass of wine ready for the evenings entertainment. Which will consist of a few groups:
1) Campers in tents, who purchased a tent from Argos whilst on route.
2) People who rented a motorhome, but were just too excited to listen at the handover.
3) People who are modifying vehicles to be a residence.

Number 1 is my favourite, they tend to arrive in the hours of darkness, the tent will be unwrapped. Someone will be struggling to read the instructions using a torch whilst barking instructions at the others in the party. A huge argument will generally ensue, and one will normally find the tent in the bin in the morning.

Number 2 are quite funny, as they turn up, and realise that they need to do something with the levelling blocks but they can't remember what. Then there's the endless hilarity of watching them try to turn on the power, and gas, etc. Incidentally after about 30 minutes of giggling, we do generally pop over and lend a hand! :D

Then number 3, we've seen people arriving in removal trucks with a double bed in the back! Or the group that used several hatchback cars with a tarpaulin draped over the raised tailgates as accommodation.

All excellent entertainment! :D

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
These post have made me laugh. I went to campsite once pitched up and chairs out. A tugger arrived across from us and we watch him reversing for about 15minutes to where it was either unhook and push or buy new clutch. It was finally in place and we went for a walk & had lunch at cafe. Came back after an hour and they were still putting awning up. Then water fetching and still no food cooked for their kids. After nearly 2 hours they were sorted. Next day we were having breakfast and they were packing up. All that for 1 day stay!!! (n)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
When will some people realise that missing a tree by 6 inches is good judgement, not a reason to come out screaming mind the tree.
Am sure we have provided good entertainment at times, we have to get the van in the right position for getting the bike out, then usually move the van so we will be able to get it back in when we are ready to go.
Getting the bike out or in entails removing almost everything else from the garage and piling it up then once bike is out putting it all back in again. Worth the hassle for the looks when we bring the KTM out though.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We agree that other campers can be an endless source of entertainment, and on occasion I'm sure we have provided the same for others (bloody Spanish ornamental lamp post). However in our experience nothing beats the spectacle of the (preferably drive away) awning going up for the first time. The entertainment value of this erection is directly proportional to the prevailing wind conditions and anything over a force 5 is a guarantee of a breathtaking spectacle. If the tugger couple at the CL near Loch Lomond last year are reading this then we apologise for just sitting there, wine in hand, watching and not helping but it really was too good to miss. The best definition of a detachable awning we have heard of is "divorce in a bag"..............how true!

The Tincas

The Tincas

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we've been on this site for 6days now.... on Sunday a big van parked opposite us and from that moment on has provided us with untold viewing entertainment, the man of the gin palace has done everything and still is...

washed big van, bike rack and bikes...
cut down pitch dividing bushes and dispose, realigned van...
driveway awning out and up all pegged and stormstrap on...
Kitchen tent up and pegged...
Stove and cadac installed said tent...
Plants and solar lights strategically placed...
Untold buckets of ? to and throw to the blockhouse...
Clothes washing done and rotary dryer and clothes line up and pegged....
Cooking lunch and dinner in said kitchen tent every day..
And in between other duties gets changed into Lycra and goes of on bike for ten minutes comes back and changes again....
Constantly checking guy lines and the garage door opens and shuts more times then an IKEA draw mechanism demo.....

And to top it all, ten at night with a torch and tape measure, measuring around his pitch..??
I'm expecting footings going in anytime soon...

All this time the lady of the gin place has been seen to do nothing....

I think he is on holiday.....:rolleyes::D

Oh..forgot... gets a RAKE out of garage and rakes his pitch.....

Who the hell takes a rake with them....Oh Please!....:doh:
Think I'll hire him for our next trip down.:D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
2) People who rented a motorhome, but were just too excited to listen at the handover.

Those ones are great aren't they.

We met a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage girls at a festival a couple of years ago who were like that.

When we took pity on them and helped they were trying to wind out their canopy literally by hand because they didn't know about the winding tool.

Even funnier was that they had seen the 230v sockets and assumed they would just work. Their whole weekend was based around being able to use their various mains appliances and the girls especially were going nuts :rofl:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Leave me alone barsteward!(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The best entertainment like that we've had was a young couple with a caravan pitched opposite us on their very first trip.

How do I know it was their very first trip? Literally everything they had was still sealed in its packaging and they had a lot of kit.

Watching them was hilarious. There was cellophane and polystyrene everywhere.

My favourite bit was a couple of hours in when they unpacked their shiny new Cadac and discovered it didn't come with a hose or regulator. That led to a major domestic along the lines of "well you should have known" They then slung that to one side and unpacked their shiny new electric grill plate thingy to discover it didn't have a plug on it. :rofl:

At this point 'er indoors dragged me away before they spotted me laughing at them. We went off to the pub and had a meal. When we came back several hours later they were still faffing around.

When I got up the next morning they had packed up and gone. I don't think they ever managed to get their awning erected properly.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were on a site near Loch Ness. Walking away from the van towards the facilities we heard a horn blowing repeatedly. I grumbled and groused about people letting their kids play with the horn and why don't they tell the little burgers to stop - then I turned around and saw one of our little dogs, paws up on the steering wheel watching us go and blowing the horn every time she shifted her paws. It was a peaceful place til we got there.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No doubt Mr NickNic, you went over and asked them if you could help them out with anything?

Didn't you?

JJ :cool:

I would have done but they seemed to be having so much fun I didn't have the heart to interrupt.

Anyway they were tuggers. I don't know anything about caravans (y)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
These boys gave some good laughes 20160527_191059.jpg 20160527_191045.jpggood sleeping arrangements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back