Campsite around Ashbourne for Easter? (1 Viewer)

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Looking for a Campsite with toilets and electric hookup around the Ashbourne - Buxton area, preferably with Pub in walking distance.

Camped in a tent last September at Barracks Farm campsite and it was very boggy, no good for a motorhome.

Looked at the following sites.

Bakewell Camping And Caravanning Club, Youlgreave - Hookup but no toilets.

Hulme End Campsite - Toilets but no hookup.

Bank House Park, Hulme End - Toilets but no hookup.

Ashbourne Camping and Caravan Club site - Booked up.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Try this one just outside Buxton. We stayed there a couple of years ago. Very good amenity block. Walking distance of Buxton or you can get a cab to collect you.

<<Link Removed>>

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
We can definately recommend this site: Link Removed which is near Buxton. £15 per night which includes electric,water and BBQ at each pitch. Really clean and warm toilets and showers. Baby lambs were being born whilst we were there a couple of weeks ago :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Greenhills

We can definately recommend Greenhills. Brilliant new shower block, good hardstandings and about a 15 minute walk into Bakewell, but it is on a regular bus route.

They do have a small bar onsite but not shore when it opens for the season.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Walnut

Laneside is a good site, we had a meet there, we were put on the new hard standing area. There is a couple of pubs within easy walking distance. Only thing to watch here is the entrance - I don't know whether you have an RV or a Euro but it is very tight for a large RV - ask Admin :ROFLMAO:

Been to Rivendale - a fantastic site in a quarry. Sounds a little daunting but it is well worth a visit. It has a club room and it sells food which is very reasonable. Nice clean showers, childs play area etc. This would be my first choice - actually I am in the process of setting up a meet at Rivendale (if I can get a couple of minutes to spare:Doh:)

Callow Top - this site does not cater for RV's but we did go here once when we had a caravan - a good site it is too. Very busy in the summer months with outside swimming pool, pub, food and large children's play areas.

Golden Valley - this is a little different. Nice site - went there in September. The pub is not really a pub it's a bit like a 'greasy spoon' that sells alcohol. It's in a very nice location within a very short drive of the Butterly railway museum which hosts the Royal carriage which is well worth a look. The site has a small fishing lake, gym, decent toilets and showers and children's facilities. They cater for RV's as well.

HTH

Pammy

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
I'd second Rivendale. Great site (including pub on site!) and lovely walks and bike rides straight from site.

OP
OP
walnut

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Thanks for the great replies, Looks like there are some great sites.
We are thinking of testing out a few over the next 2 weeks, will post some pics

Cheers

Walnut

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back