Mar 14, 2013
SHEFFIELD
Funster No
MH
VW T4 Autosleeper Trident
Exp
18 months
Hi Everyone

We're new here, and fairly new to campervanning.

We currently have a T4 Autosleeper Trident with a roof bed (as well as the rock 'n' roll bed) but no safety net.

We don't have a bench seat in the front (swivel passenger seat).

Does anyone have any experience of camping with a young baby <1yr???

How did it go? Where did the little one sleep? Any tips?

We'd really like to take him, but is he too young?

Thanks guys

Justin and Clare

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.
My friends camp with their baby and they use one of these across the cab of the van. You can find them on ebay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Probably easier now before they become more mobile. We tent camped with ours from early toddler stage and remember well a trip to the Lakes when it continiously rained and my daughter and her cousin, both around 18months, decided run into a very large puddle just as we were about to go out to the one meal out that we could afford in those days. They also managed to synchronise wetting themselves in the restaurant, (potty training not quite mastered), and as a grand finale, a few days later, my daughter managed to vomit over her cousin's face in the middle of the night.
It was a memorable holiday.
It didn't put us off, we camped with the children up until they were about sixteen years of age, in the UK and Europe, and they look back on those holidays as the best they had. They in turn are now planning camping holidays with their own children.
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Sid

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have taken our grand daughter away in the van since she was a few weeks old, admittedly we've more room having a coachbuilt. , She is now 12.5 months old and attended her first rally last weekend we had no ehu and weather turned very wintry, no problems at all. ::bigsmile:

Next week were off touring D & G with her for 6 days. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We have four children who have grown up motor caravanning. Nick who is 20 years next month and was two days old when he first went to the Peterborough show lol

So enjoy it, make it up as you go along and give your children the best memories that they could possibly ever have

Eddie

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back