camping spot near water?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tommytli, Mar 18, 2010.

1. tommytli

tommytli Funster

dose any one know of a camping spot as near to the sea (prefered),river or lake as poss dont mind if its wildcamping or campsite and about 1-2 hrs drive from blackburn, thanks tommy

2. jarvis

jarvis Read Only Funster

3. TDH

TDH Funster

As long as you promise not to tell anybody, our favourite site is Cae Ddu, near Towyn - I'm sure that's within your timeframe.

Go to Google Map and enter 52.633089,-4.118629 but keep it quiet!!

4. dragabed

dragabed Read Only Funster

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/21715-camping-spot-near-water.html#post2

have a look around ribblesdale, trout beck, boland and down to the coast south of lancaster loads and beautyful this time of the year

5. ips

ips Read Only Funster

No chance in 1/2 hour

6. TDH

TDH Funster

I thought it was 1 to 2 hours!! Soz!

7. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Sorry it should be me apologising I think your right its 1 to 2 hours.
    ooops my fault. :Blush:

8. tommytli

tommytli Funster

this looks perfect but its a 3hr drive and my mrs needs to be back sunday for a wedding, but i will bookmark it for another weekend, thanks tommy

9. Alfa_Scud

Alfa_Scud Read Only Funster

When's it for Tommy? I only ask because there's the CCC site at Edisford Bridge (Clitheroe) right on the river Ribble, but it doesn't open until 25th March.

Failing that what about wilding in the middle of the Trough of Bowland, big layby type thing about half way though under the trees. You're not supposed to camp there, but I doubt you'd get picked up for it, not exactly a raging torrent of a river but a beck nonetheless!

Edit: Don't forget there's Southport CC site, or even Pleasureland carpark, both right next to the coast but still 50 miles from the sea!!!

10. tommytli

tommytli Funster

its for this weekend i just fancy a relaxing weekend because ive broke my ribs and bruised my lungs mountain biking up gisburn forest (we stayed at tosside, hartleys farm we use it quite often) and i find sitting by the sea just chills me out:Smile:

11. Alfa_Scud

Alfa_Scud Read Only Funster

Southport's not a bad bet then & it's only 45 mins from you.

Sorry to go OT but haven't been into Gisburn yet on the bikes, I believe it's pretty good (not that I'm a mental biker, more a mental runner!), & also tried to get on Hartleys a couple of times but it's been booked albeit in the summer, is it worth a visit?

12. tommytli

tommytli Funster

we use alberts (hartleys farm) all the time i ride up gisburn most weekends and also help building some of the trails, the site has very good showers and toilets very clean, there is a pond for fishing in thats £5 for the duration of your stay. pitches are both grass and hardstanding @£12 per night with ehu, the dog and partridge it 5 mins walk and the food there is really good, well worth a look i would say