Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
Greetings from Dublin
We are heading for France at Easter ...we usually stay around Honfleur etc. but getting brave this year and have decided that we might head towards Paris for a few days.
Does anybody know of a campsite/aire near a train/bus station etc. We have 4 children from 4 to 10 years so any pointers would be great. Thanks to all and a Happy Christmas.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This company runs two sites: one in the Bois de Boulonge (as central as you can get) and the other to the East side. They are not cheap, (B de B around €40 per night for a short stay I think) but there is not a lot of choice at this time of year.

Camping de Paris

SatNav Long/Lat for the Blois de Boulogne are: 48.868239°N,2.234739°E

We planned to use the B de B site in September then found a much cheaper one further to the Northwest. However, that is closed this time of year and would be too far for easy access anyway.

Good luck.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hj Marymo,

We have used this site:

Camping Du Tremblay
Boulevard Des Allies
F-94507
Champigny-sur-marne (Val-De-Marne)

e-mail receptcc@stereau.fr

[/This is a large, well organised site, with good security and facilities. From the office/well stocked shop travell tickets are available for various periods from a day to month.

The bus stop is just outside the site gate, is about 20 minutes long, and runs almost 24/7.

Can also reccomend the city open top bus tour.

Enjoy

NomadicI]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If the kids are up for it you can park at Paris Disney. There is parking next to the amusement park and the railway station is right there too. It will get you to the centre of Paris in about 40 minutes. :Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hj Marymo,

We have used this site:

Camping Du Tremblay
Boulevard Des Allies
F-94507
Champigny-sur-marne (Val-De-Marne)

e-mail receptcc@stereau.fr

[/This is a large, well organised site, with good security and facilities. From the office/well stocked shop travell tickets are available for various periods from a day to month.

The bus stop is just outside the site gate, is about 20 minutes long, and runs almost 24/7.

Can also reccomend the city open top bus tour.

Enjoy

NomadicI]

I think this is the East of Paris site that I referred to above - owned by Camping Paris. I note that they appear to be waiving the €14 booking fee at present, so the rates will be lower than I indicated. Also, I believe Camping du Tremblay is cheaper than Bois de Boulogne.

OP
OP
M

marymo

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Dublin
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
8 years
Many thanks for your help I looked at these sites and they seem to be exactly what i am looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
'Camping International' . . [site is located on the banks of the river Seine], 20 minutes by train straight into the centre of Paris, trains every 15 minutes and station 15 minutes from campsite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back