Camping near Dave Newell`s (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
A couple of questions really, we are taking our MH to have cruise and parking sensors fitted next Friday and if the weather looks good may stay over for a couple of nights in the area.

First, would be interested in hearing how people spent the few hours (possibly 4-6) while having work carried out, if we decide to stay a couple of nights we need to take the dog with us, so jumping in a taxi to go into Telford shopping (or anywhere) is not an option.

If jumping in a taxi to go somewhere to kill those hours is essential, then we will not stay over. We are not that far away so not really a problem. If the weather forecast is awful we won`t stay anyway.

Secondly, IF we do end up staying over, can anyone recommend a nice camp site within about 20 miles. Ideally with EHU.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we had work done by Dave a couple of weeks ago we stayed at Severn Gorge Park, which is only about 400 yards from Dave's workshop.

Whilst Dave was doing the work (about 3 hours) we caught the bus into Telford - which is probably unsuitable for you - but I'm sure Dave can advise on alternatives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I stayed at Severn Gorge when Dave needed the van for two days of work. Jackie booked it for me. I too have caught a bus into Telford, but that was not for sight-seeing. Also I have walked up the hill into Madeley, but again that was not for sight-seeing. I used the library to do some work in both cases.

If you are looking for somewhere to visit after the work is done, there is a C&CC site at Shrewsbury, but I'm not sure if it is open yet, or what about heading south towards the Long Mynd - there are a few CS sites around Church Stretton - and plenty of walking on the LM or adjacent area.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you go east from Telford on the A5.
You can stay on my drive for free.!!

Can you cut the grass for me while your there as i wont be back till end of March...:ROFLMAO:

Severn valley as mention, rite on door step..
Have you been to Ironbridge ? that may be a nice place to visit and walk dog at same time...

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
If you go east from Telford on the A5.
You can stay on my drive for free.!!

Can you cut the grass for me while your there as i wont be back till end of March...:ROFLMAO:
No problem, as long as there is a key under the mat and beer in the fridge....::bigsmile:

Severn valley as mention, rite on door step..
Have you been to Ironbridge ? that may be a nice place to visit and walk dog at same time...

Yes, but not for quite a few years, is it in walking distance?
Is there enough to do to spend 4-6 hours?

Thanks

Steve

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Steve, Severn Gorge is a cracking little site and as already mentioned its only 400 yds away. Blist's Hill Victorian town museum is about 25 mins walk away and yes you can take the dog. Telford Town Centre is an indoor shopping centre and only guide dogs are allowed in.

D.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Blist's Hill? - you could probably spend 2 days there and not see it all ...... it's VAST and you need your walking footwear on!

Ironbridge itself is a small village, parking can be difficult. But very quaint and of course, the bridge itself.

Not sure - can you walk along the river from there?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Its quite possible to walk down to Coal port on the Silk in way footpath and then along the river into Iron bridge but it is probably a three mile route.

D.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi, Bridgnorth is not to far away, you can walk the dog along the river into the town, take the cliff railway upto hightown. Also Much Wenlock is a lovely place to visit too.

Kate

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi, Bridgnorth is not to far away, you can walk the dog along the river into the town, take the cliff railway upto hightown. Also Much Wenlock is a lovely place to visit too.

Kate

Looks about 10 miles each way.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
were joining Fun at Eden Camp at the end of this month so will find out how it is after the winter break. Thanks anyway Dave.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I'm assuming "it" is one of the solar panel kits. If so it will work just fine. Ours put back all we used at Drax last weekend :thumb::thumb:

If I'm not mistaken "it" was a fix on the slideout of Rog's fifth wheeler.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back