Camping natterersee, innsbruck (1 Viewer)

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Thinking of staying a couple of nights at Innsbruck on the way down to the Venice area of Italy.

Have looked at this site: Camping Natterersee Holiday Resort.

Has any one had any experience of this site?.

Are there any other sites in the region?.

We are leaving UK 17th July and will be in Innsbruck region about 21st July.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes it fabulous but gets very busy.

The entrance is tight for to bigger unit.

recomended:thumb:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
on the way down to the Venice area of Italy.
about 21st July.:thumb:

We can't speak highly enough of this place:

Link Removed

In July - HOT - it's just a short walk to cross their magnificent beach and flop in the med, or just enjoy their lake sized pool. 2000+ serviced pitches. €13 for a bus/boat to Venice from the camp door. Not the place if you want lifeless and quiet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Thinking of staying a couple of nights at Innsbruck on the way down to the Venice area of Italy.

Have looked at this site: Camping Natterersee Holiday Resort.

Has any one had any experience of this site?.

Are there any other sites in the region?.

You will like it there.
There is a train/tram service from the nearby village station into Innsbruk - starts off as a train, and becomes a tram as it enters the city!
I think there is a site about 10 miles east in Vogel (not sure of the spelling).
We've travelled that way several times - it's a nice run.
Good luck.

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
Hello
We stayed in natterssee in october on our way back to uk. It was fantastic . The views are spectacular, the facilities are superb and there is a bus service from the camp into Innsbruck. Thoroughly recommend it, although it's not cheap. They do ACSI reductions. There are some photos in my gallery.

Nojazz

pat

Free Member
Oct 19, 2008
Funster No
natterersee

Hi
Must say we loved this site.But is the bus service from outside the site new,as when we were there,the bus went from the village,and this is quite a walk away.We took the option of a return cab ride where the campsite paid half the fare.Good value.You won't regret a visit.
Regards Pat:thumb:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
As stated entrance is tight we were in a Swift Gazelle at time, coachbuilt 6.2m long, pitch was tight and site full in August. Nice site, lake, restaurant, the biggest downside was the fact it was about one mile to the nearest village where the tram to Innsbruck ran from, being Austria the mile was a long way downhill and seemed even further back up. It is however the ONLY reason we would`nt go back.

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
Hello again

I think you'll find some changes to the camp. When I was there in October 2009 a coach left from the camp gates and went straight into Innsbruck. Coming back you had to change at the nearby village for a second coach which brought you back to the campsite.
As for the pitches, the manager did say they had been upgrading pitches and ours was big enough for 2 vans. It also had its own water facility and satellite tv connection. Maybe you need to ask for the pitches behind the amenities block (where we were) its the one with the panoramic view. The pitches on the lakeside are smaller.

Also there is a state of the art toilet block - very designer which was fantastic. A restaurant with roof terrace looking out to the mountain panorama.

If anyone would like photos please pm with an email address as I'm not great at uploading pics.

Nojazz

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
This is site A-02 in the European Big Pitch Guide.

The site entrance is too small for RV's - however there is another entrance which you can use that will take 40ft RVs and is well over 3 metres high. Very good English is spoken in the site office where you need to ask to use the second gate.

40ft with 6 amp electrics based on grass or gravel.

OP
OP
E

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We can't speak highly enough of this place:

Link Removed

In July - HOT - it's just a short walk to cross their magnificent beach and flop in the med, or just enjoy their lake sized pool. 2000+ serviced pitches. €13 for a bus/boat to Venice from the camp door. Not the place if you want lifeless and quiet.

Thanks for the info.

Had a look at the site and it was just what we wanted so decided to book, got a reply today, site already fully booked for July & August. Must be very popular.

They told me they should have plenty of sites available for turning up and staying which is what we will do I expect. At least that way you have a choice of dates and are not restricted.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Had a look at the site and it was just what we wanted so decided to book, got a reply today, site already fully booked for July & August. Must be very popular.

That is amazing. It was a fair old hike to walk round the place, in fact we couldn't walk round it in one go. As I said, about 2500 pitches. Plus statics. A supermarket with 3 checkout lanes is a clue to it's size and organisation. It had a shoe supermarket half the size of some campsites. The ten toilet blocks were clean enough to eat in.

But don't give up, that whole little peninsular is wall to wall campsite and there are even bigger ones, one I looked at had seven restaurants and a chapel. I expected rural nothing, but at the start of the peninsular was a massive supermarket and loads of facilities. The chances of *not* finding a pitch are zero.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back