Camping Marjal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by JohnH, Oct 14, 2011.

1. JohnH

JohnH Funster

I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15. A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30.
    I am prompted to write this particularly as I had a small problem with my booking and pm'd Raimon to ask for assistance. He responded by return and all is sorted.
    John

2. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric :thumb:

Mick :Smile:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We have a rally there from the 5th to the 25th March. So we'll see you there:thumb:

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Any news on the when and how we pay the deposit for this one Jim.. ?

Like to get paid up and sorted before we leave for sunnier climes..

Other wise it will be awkward when we are on the road..

5. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Me too !!!:thumb:

6. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

7. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric :thumb:[/COLOR]
    ]
    Mick :Smile:[/QUOTE

Mick ..how did you work out that price....booking for the period of 31 days is on a 45% = 9.35 euros X by 31 days = 289.85 euoros

Plus 2.20 per day for each adult.. so for 2 adults it is 4.40 x 31 days is 136.40 euros

289.85 + 136.40 = 426.25 euros ...less 30% for a funster membe rof 127.87 euros.......grand Total 298.37... for a period of 31 day ......more if it is 30 days.

Have I worked it out wrong.... or are you talking longer term than a month....???

And JohnH...You do not say how much it cost you??????????how do we know it was a
    A fabulous deal ????

(I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15. A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30.
    I am prompted to write this particularly as I had a small problem with my booking and pm'd Raimon to ask for assistance. He responded by return and all is sorted.
    John)

Mel

8. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

I believe the 210 euro rate is only for stays longer than 6 months.

5 months stay works out at over 220 euros per month.

Shorter stays will take the monthly cost higher.

9. Heyupluv

I agree Bryan.... But the original funster JohnH said.... "I have just booked for two months at the new site in January 15 to March 15..A fabulous deal at the Motorhome Show at the NEC, visit them at their stand 9.30..". which is 60 nights ... the price I quoted was from 31 days to 60 days...price Discount Tarrif..45% + 30% MHF discount...........Mick, in his reply to JohnH... was...John, If when you book you mention you are a MHF member you get a 30% discount if the booking is made before 15th Dec 2011 so for the small fully serviced pitch you pay €210 per month + electric

So if it was only 210 euros for 1 or 2 months... I thought I had better look again thinking I had worked the price out all wrong, that is if we came to Marjal over some of the winter period :Doh:.........(we are not quite sure what we are doing or where we will be yet)

Mel

10. JohnH

JohnH Funster

Greetings. The price I have is for 60 days and is 220 Euros per month for pitch, 2 people and incl electricity. Total price 440 Euros. This was a show only special price.
    John

• Like Like x 1
  11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

As I see it, FUNsters price for 60 days is:

9.35 * 60 = 561 * 0.7 = 392 NOT including leccy.

So looks like they've taken a guess at €40(ish) for leccy.

12. Heyupluv

WELL DONE JOHN THAT WAS A BARGAIN:thumb::thumb:...

It seems you get a better deal at the NEC for a individual.... than the funster's deal 30% with many funsters going !!.:Eeek: without electric

That is better than the Funsters deal... and includes electric.. I had worked ours out at 298.38 euros for a period of 31 days....(but it was the same daily rate 9.35 euros for up to 60 days )......without electric !!!!!!!!!?????

How do you work the price out at Marjal, it seems we are working it out different to many others,
    please advise

Do you pay 9.35 per day does that include two people and a motorhome ..+ electric?

OR

Do you pay 9.35 euros per day for the Motorhome + 2.20 per person so for two people = 4.40 per day =13.75 per day less your 30% making a total of 298.38 euros for 31 days + electric .(this is the price we are working on... minus electric have we got it wrong??)

Mel:Eeek:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Makes the 30% discount to Fun look pitiful.

A 5 month stay WITH fun discount still costs more than 220 euros per month PLUS ELECTRIC ON TOP!!!

Come on Raimon, offer funsters a rate of 220 euros INC. electric for stays of 3 months or more and I reckon you'll get a better take up.

The problem with the 6 month stay is that it will take most guests into June which is too hot for us :)

14. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

Check out this page on their web site. http://www.marjalcostablanca.com/en/rates/

This shows a rate of 245€/month* which is a 20% discount for * Long term offer, for reservations of 6 months or more, made before 15/12/2011 and for being a MHF member you get an extra 10% that is for a 90m2 size fully serviced pitch

Mick :thumb:

15. JohnH

JohnH Funster

I hope that I haven't stirred up a hornet's nest. I did nothing clever in negotiating any rate. All I did was visit their stand looking for information on two month stay. The offer was printed and was on the desk (Stand 9.30 at the NEC).
    I checked and double checked that this was correct and it was only if I booked at the show there and then. I did and am grateful that I was there at the right time. I am sure if anyone goes to the Motorhome Show at the NEC they can get the same deal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heyupluv

Yes I agree with you... Mick....220.5 euros per month for long term 6 months or over:Doh:... not for the two months like John had mentioned.......

I think JohnH Got the better deal at the NEC:thumb:
    That is 51.33 euros a week inc electric......Yes.....Come on Raimon, what about the funsters.....do the same deal 220 inc electric for 2 months or more

Mel

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  17. Heyupluv

Bryan...You should be asking for the same deal as the NEC... 220 euros for 2 months or more inc electric....:Angry:

18. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

I'm not greedy, and I want to give Raimon a little wriggle room :Rofl1:

19. Lancer

Lancer Read Only Funster

Hi All
    We have just visited the new site of Marjel Costa Blanca.
    We are staying on the old site at the moment until the 11th of the 11th when several of us will be moving over to the new site. We are the proverbial Guinea pigs for this site and have met Costa the director there and he gave us a guided tour of the facilities which are stunning.
    At first we did wonder if it will be completed on time but we have had assurances that the site will be up and running, though a large part of the pitches will still be getting completed as we are there.
    If you are worried about traffic noise from the nearby Autopista, be assured the huge sound bank they have built alongside will kill off any traffic noise and they are landscaping this with trees and shrubs.
    Pitches are going fast we had trouble getting one that we liked as so many have already booked so if you fancy this site book now....
    I will upload photos of our visit. at the moment there are areas that still look like a building site but looking at the amount of men working on the site I'm sure it will be completed.

Stu & Kay Smith

20. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Who are you and what have you done with Bryan ?

• Like Like x 1