Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Fun
Caravan Club (primarily to access the CL sites. )
AA Breakdown

Abroad we use aires so never had a reason to join ACSI or France Passion
One that is seldom mentioned is Broken Link Removed, similar to FP but no joining fee.
Just seen this in another thread, but thought it was worth one of its own, I have downloaded the app and it seems pretty good although they do charge it doesn't seem a lot and as its free to get the info , can't be bad, thinking of dropping france passion in favour of this , has anyone used it , what's it like, thanks for any info. It is all in french so takes a bit to get round it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
2015 Our year to stay in the UK, but looks really interesting, I would be glad of any feedback if you use it. :xThumb:

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
yep, have used one of their sites, small fee but excellent facilities. The one we used was in Normandy not far from the beaches and had small toilet block and a small shower block (look like temp' units but are permanent, smart and well looked after), a small farm for visitors (llamas, rabbits), small info hut and individual grass pitches for about 20 vehicles (no tent camping). Friendly farmer came around to collect money in the evening. I will certainly use them again. We've done a lot of France Passion and these are similar but one level up with respect to having a set place to set up. I've only got one photo will load in next post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
DSCF2761.JPG

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
@chaser We started using them way back in our tugger days in the 90s when we had the kids with us, couldn't use aires so this was next best..

I recall buying the guide book in a French news agents .. sadly I can't find it now .. must have passed it on to someone..

It's not just camp sites that cater for all, camping, caravans and motorhomes. , they also have B&B, holiday lets, farm produce, farm activities , etc ..

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Right, I think the plan for this year is, go with this, acsi, alltheaires, and drop france passion, but as they very rarely ask for the book might stick with last years book and try one or two, see if they ask this time , if so move on:xThumb:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I was a member of France Passion for a few years and only used it a few times - very good tho - and they never asked or looked at the windscreen. I don't think they are bothered. So I too decided last year not to renew, but just try if necessary. But the book is handy.

Nice Bongo by the way, same as my friend's was, mine was just black and silver, no decals. Ahh. We still get excited when we see one on the road, there's a lot more on the than there was then.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just seen this in another thread, but thought it was worth one of its own, I have downloaded the app and it seems pretty good although they do charge it doesn't seem a lot and as its free to get the info , can't be bad, thinking of dropping france passion in favour of this , has anyone used it , what's it like, thanks for any info. It is all in french so takes a bit to get round it.

If you need any help to translate (other than google which is really rubbish sometimes!) Just give a shout!
At least I can google to avoid typing all but will correct the translation and send it to google. I always do so , so it improves the translation.

Amicalement

Frankie:xsmile:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I too was interested in this when it was posted on another thread and will be using it along with France Passion. I can't understand why folks put France Passion down as I think its a brilliant scheme and even if you only use it once a year you have got your money back as stopping at a small site would cost more. We have been members since buying a van (ten years) and this year received free membership, don't see other clubs doing that

Reactions: mta
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Looks like there is a small beginning to offer the Broken Link Removed. Not much translated yet though.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I too was interested in this when it was posted on another thread and will be using it along with France Passion. I can't understand why folks put France Passion down as I think its a brilliant scheme and even if you only use it once a year you have got your money back as stopping at a small site would cost more. We have been members since buying a van (ten years) and this year received free membership, don't see other clubs doing that
Don't know as anyone puts france passion down, but with so many other choices and the fact that no one seems to check up if you are a member, why waste £30 we have been in it 4 years so time for a break

robarb38

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
"since 1984"
My Google Chrome translates the pages perfectly so all I do is select ones that are in the area I am visiting and print out the pages, place in a saved folder on iPad then i have them at hand when required.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Hi Chaser. Thanks for info on Camping a la Ferme. I am having problems downloading. How did you go about it?

colyboy

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Strange you should say that:xangry: ipad no problem, android no, it says not for your country, so thought I would try to get it now I'm in france, but still won't have it I'm afraid! But while messing about with it , I have come across another useful app, aires de camping car, all in french but works well.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Camping à la ferme and France-Passion are two different concepts.

(Farm camping "Camping à la ferme" is a label offered to farmers who offer a small area for camping, with a maximum of six pitches; the similar "aire naturelle de camping" is an area with a maximum of 25 pitches. They must all provide toilets and wash basins, electric power points, and dustbins, as well as at least one warm shower.)

Just google 'camping à la ferme' for a huge list of websites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back