camping la ferme

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Dec 13, 2014.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

Just seen this in another thread, but thought it was worth one of its own, I have downloaded the app and it seems pretty good although they do charge it doesn't seem a lot and as its free to get the info , can't be bad, thinking of dropping france passion in favour of this , has anyone used it , what's it like, thanks for any info. It is all in french so takes a bit to get round it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

2015 Our year to stay in the UK, but looks really interesting, I would be glad of any feedback if you use it. :xThumb:

3. mta

mta Read Only Funster

yep, have used one of their sites, small fee but excellent facilities. The one we used was in Normandy not far from the beaches and had small toilet block and a small shower block (look like temp' units but are permanent, smart and well looked after), a small farm for visitors (llamas, rabbits), small info hut and individual grass pitches for about 20 vehicles (no tent camping). Friendly farmer came around to collect money in the evening. I will certainly use them again. We've done a lot of France Passion and these are similar but one level up with respect to having a set place to set up. I've only got one photo will load in next post.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mta

mta Read Only Funster

DSCF2761.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

@chaser We started using them way back in our tugger days in the 90s when we had the kids with us, couldn't use aires so this was next best..

I recall buying the guide book in a French news agents .. sadly I can't find it now .. must have passed it on to someone..

It's not just camp sites that cater for all, camping, caravans and motorhomes. , they also have B&B, holiday lets, farm produce, farm activities , etc ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. chaser

chaser Funster

Right, I think the plan for this year is, go with this, acsi, alltheaires, and drop france passion, but as they very rarely ask for the book might stick with last years book and try one or two, see if they ask this time , if so move on:xThumb:

7. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

I was a member of France Passion for a few years and only used it a few times - very good tho - and they never asked or looked at the windscreen. I don't think they are bothered. So I too decided last year not to renew, but just try if necessary. But the book is handy.

Nice Bongo by the way, same as my friend's was, mine was just black and silver, no decals. Ahh. We still get excited when we see one on the road, there's a lot more on the than there was then.

• Like Like x 2
  8. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

If you need any help to translate (other than google which is really rubbish sometimes!) Just give a shout!
    At least I can google to avoid typing all but will correct the translation and send it to google. I always do so , so it improves the translation.

Amicalement

Frankie:xsmile:

• Like Like x 4
  9. FJmike

FJmike Funster

I too was interested in this when it was posted on another thread and will be using it along with France Passion. I can't understand why folks put France Passion down as I think its a brilliant scheme and even if you only use it once a year you have got your money back as stopping at a small site would cost more. We have been members since buying a van (ten years) and this year received free membership, don't see other clubs doing that

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

Looks like there is a small beginning to offer the website in English. Not much translated yet though.

11. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

thanks. I will put this on my list.

12. chaser

chaser Funster

Don't know as anyone puts france passion down, but with so many other choices and the fact that no one seems to check up if you are a member, why waste £30 we have been in it 4 years so time for a break

13. robarb38

robarb38

My Google Chrome translates the pages perfectly so all I do is select ones that are in the area I am visiting and print out the pages, place in a saved folder on iPad then i have them at hand when required.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

great idea thanks

15. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Hi Chaser. Thanks for info on Camping a la Ferme. I am having problems downloading. How did you go about it?

colyboy

16. chaser

chaser Funster

Strange you should say that:xangry: ipad no problem, android no, it says not for your country, so thought I would try to get it now I'm in france, but still won't have it I'm afraid! But while messing about with it , I have come across another useful app, aires de camping car, all in french but works well.

17. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Camping à la ferme and France-Passion are two different concepts.

(Farm camping "Camping à la ferme" is a label offered to farmers who offer a small area for camping, with a maximum of six pitches; the similar "aire naturelle de camping" is an area with a maximum of 25 pitches. They must all provide toilets and wash basins, electric power points, and dustbins, as well as at least one warm shower.)

Just google 'camping à la ferme' for a huge list of websites.

• Like Like x 1