Camping Key Europe or ACSI Club ID?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Dave and Ginny, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Well last year I had the Camping Card International as proof of ID when booking into any sites in France and Spain but it's now been replaced, so it seems, by the Camping Key, £5 from the Caravan Club.

An alternative, I think, could be the ACSI Club ID at 4.95 euro direct from ACSI.

Both the same, what's best to go for?

Dave

PS. where can I find ACSI 2015 POI for a Garmin?

2. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    CCI is still available from other sources, AA, RAC, C&CC
    Caravan club must have changed the card they offer but personally I always stick with the CCI, as far as I know it is accepted as ID pretty well everywhere in Europe and 10% discount at some. Not sure the same could be said about the ACSI ID card or the Camping Key.

3. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Not that the cost is exactly 'prohibitive' but I've never had cause to use any ID (...not saying some sites don't ask for it, but I never have) Have only used ACSI sites and they have always been happy enough with the cardboard pull out ACSI card from the book, which you fill out with your details and passport number anyway!

4. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

There was another thread on this a few days ago and it was saying the download is no longer available.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speve

Speve Funster

We have the ACSI ID but sites we have visited never keep it but are usually happy with the tear out card from the book for discounts etc never keep that either

6. EzeeRider

EzeeRider Read Only Funster

The CCI card is owned by the FICC which the Caravan Club is no longer a member of which is why I think they no longer provide it. The C&CC still provide it. As to whether it is better than the Camping Key card or the ACSI ID card I have no idea. They all basically offer the same on site third party insurance and ID verification. Where there may be differences is in Scandinavia, they never used to accept the CCI card.
    Ezee

7. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Thanks for the replies, yes it seems the Caravan Club Camping Key Card provides just about the same level of 3rd party insurance and proof of ID. Until I just looked at my last Caravan Club supplied CCI card a moment ago, I had thought that it had my passport number on it, but it doesn't. Like many of us I suspect, I don't like letting go of passports on any occasion, so was looking at the best form of alternative ID for campsite visits. Thanks again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. EzeeRider

EzeeRider Read Only Funster

Many site will accept a photo copy of the passport information. I usually take several copies just in case.
    Ezee

• Like Like x 2