Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Despite what some Web sites have said "Camping Haller is open".There has been a change of lease holders since 1st of may.
The old lease holders had their renewal refused and left in a bad mood. They even dug up the water pipes and the electrical cables and took them with them.
The new owners are having to rebuild the site but they are slowly getting there. They've replaced the water pipes and there is temporary electrics at the moment.They are still doing ASCI and 4 nights for the price of 3. The staff are polite and helpful and speak good English.
If anyone wishes to checkout the beautiful city of budapest then this site is right in the centre.
I'm not getting any benefit from writing this apart from letting the funsters know of a good site in a great country

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the heads up. We're planning on going in August via Vienna & Prague then down to lake balafon. Any tips? as it's our 1st time in Hungary

OP
OP
teknik155

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Try to get to balaton after kids go back as it can get busy with loads of families and after school holidays you'll be able to use ASCI card with a lot of places still only €11 and €13 for plot electrics 2 people and 2 showers a day.
The north coast of balaton is hilly and south is flat , the lake is surrounded by a cycle track then a road and then a railway and moSt of the sites are long and thin between water and cycletrack. The road and railway are local routes so are not noisy. Try some of the thermal springs in hungary they are interesting.
Hungary uses the forint but the euro is accepted .As my wife gets confused with 368 forint to the pound we agree that 1000 forint is about £3. Fuel about £1 per litre and lpg is common. Anything elsejust ask

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
teknik155

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Driving in hungary needs a vignette to use motorways and fast routes I am using a 1 month at the cost of 40€ for up to 3.5 tonnes. The main roads and motorways are good but the secondary roads need more EU money.
If you are retirement age keep proof on you to use trams buses and underg round in budapest (don't know about the rest)
Filled up today with derv at 340 forint /litre that's 91p a litre.
English is spoken mostly by young people and they are cheerful and polite. That will do for now am off to soak my old bones in a thermal pool with a couple of lagers and hopefully some football on the big screen .Damn what a life we force ourselves to live

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back