camping gaz (1 Viewer)

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
i have camping gaz bottles in the campervan 904's are these avaliable in france as a refill or am i best changing now before we go on tues, 2 are empty 1 nearly empty and what do they cost price here from casey's @ otley £14.99 each any advice welcome:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm sure the french are very big on camping gaz so it shouldnt be a problem and will most likely be a lot cheaper than here.:thumb:

someone will be able to confirm.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
i'm sure the french are very big on camping gaz so it shouldnt be a problem and will most likely be a lot cheaper than here.:thumb:

someone will be able to confirm.

Confirmed....

Available at most campsites, but usually much cheaper to exchange at the supermarkets, such as Intermarche or Champion or Carrefor and Le Clerc.

Nomadic:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alan'n'bev

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
thanks we are coming over tues 17 days first trip,so we will wait till we get there the 1 with the bit in will make us a cuppa on the morning of the crossing so will change all 3.
we have a cadac as well but thats calor 7kg bottle that full so no problems there.
can any one confirm the price of the 904 bottles i think these ar the med size ones,we also have a generator 950 watt and 240 ehu and 12 volt so we are well powered up:Smile:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I use the 907 - next size up to yours refills and usually get these from Brownhills for £19. (I try to buy from Brownhills whenever I can because I have made use of their free viewing facilites to look at motorhomes without ever buying one, as I prefer to convert my own van)
When I have had to get them anywhere else in England they have been slightly more expensive than Brownhills. The cheapest I have got them is in Albir near Benidorm for 10 Euros - but these Spanish ones are not sealed and weigh about a pound lighter than the genuine Camping Gaz filled ones from Brownhills.
PS - I also saw them widely available in France!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You can also get them in the DIY superstores as well ,their equivelent to B&Q,:thumb: dont know about price tho.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Why not get French gas bottles ?Elfi or Twinnies work out much cheaper than GAZ , get them from most Supermarket Petrol Stations, no contract, usually they come with a free regulator too .:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
alan'n'bev

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
gaz bottles

I will look at them when we get across the water need three 1 for hob and hot water and another for fridge 1 spare, i can only use the 904's as the space were they are stored is only shallow i think they were made for them so see what they have when we get there:thanks2:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Why not get French gas bottles ?Elfi or Twinnies work out much cheaper than GAZ , get them from most Supermarket Petrol Stations, no contract, usually they come with a free regulator too .:thumb::thumb:

I have been wondering about something like that. I have always only used Camping Gaz because I started off with it as I only had a small vehicle, and Camping Gaz was available, and probably the most self contained and space saving set up? easy to put in and take out of a small car or van. (I just have 2 gas rings fitted to 2 cylinders, and 2 spare cylinders, all 907) But it does not work well at low temperatures, and the gas seems the most expensive as you say. Now I have a van with plenty of room, so do more cooking than I used to, perhaps I should change to something else. But What? You mention French gas bottles, but most of my time is in the UK.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
peter james , even the rip off 6Kg calor propanes are much cheaper to use than camping gas [ and work down to -30C ], rule of thumb the bigger the bottle , the lower the price per kilo ; as you are mostly in the uk no good suggesting french gas at half the price of calor !
wouldn't suggest elfi or twinni anyway as they are rip of prices as in uk

and I wondered about how much gas was in a spanish 907 , so I weighed it
exactly the same as you get in france , 2.75 Kg

sounds like someone had used yours for a bit , then put it back on the shelf :RollEyes: , has been known ! where did you get it in albir ? the DIY near the football ground?

OP
OP
alan'n'bev

alan'n'bev

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Funster No
price

so does anyone know the prices of the french camping gaz bottle cheers
alan n bev

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
peter james , even the rip off 6Kg calor propanes are much cheaper to use than camping gas [ and work down to -30C ], rule of thumb the bigger the bottle , the lower the price per kilo ; as you are mostly in the uk no good suggesting french gas at half the price of calor !
wouldn't suggest elfi or twinni anyway as they are rip of prices as in uk

and I wondered about how much gas was in a spanish 907 , so I weighed it
exactly the same as you get in france , 2.75 Kg

sounds like someone had used yours for a bit , then put it back on the shelf :RollEyes: , has been known ! where did you get it in albir ? the DIY near the football ground?

Thanks for the info :thumb:

Yes they were from the big DIY store near Mercadonna - I think that is the football ground end. But I should have said - I bought 2 exchange 907 cylinders, they were both unsealed and both a pound light. So I guessed they refill the cylinders themselves and are a bit tight with the gas. But at 10 Euro each I was still happy with them :thumb:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
so does anyone know the prices of the french camping gaz bottle cheers
alan n bev

The 907 ones I saw in France worked out about the same as Brownhills here in Newark (£19). Brownhills cylinders are a pound cheaper than the Yeomans camping shop.

But, like the diesel in France, I think it depends a lot where you buy them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back