Camping Florantilles, Spain

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by MrJinks, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MrJinks

MrJinks Read Only Funster

Anyone have any experience of Camping Florantilles in Torrevieja?

Particularly, can it accommodate a 30ft RV easily?

Planning on combining a month in Spain next month with visiting relatives in Torre and this site is only 2 miles from them.

Any info welcome. Thanks

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

no i think you would have fun, the roads are narrow with a lot of permanent tourers on there with awnings and kitchen tents etc, the site facilities are ok though but the view has gone, used to look over the salt flats now the new autovista to Murcia blocks the view and not sure about traffic noise. My mother has a place in San Miguel so know it well.
    They dont allow pets either (just incase you are taking one with you)

The one in torre on the n332 wouldnt accomodate you now either i think as they have changed the access road making it narrower and just off an island with a proper 90 degree turn inbetween brick walls - was looking at it for my 5ver last time i was down.

There are 3 in San javier 1 by the airport but on the beachfront, we were going to stay there as the noise when i checked it wasnt overly intrusive or put another way was standing near the beach and i could still here the waves lapping the shore as planes were taking off and landing, its always very full in summer so cant be that bad

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. keith

keith Funster

When we went to visit friends in Torre. they looked at a site close by but thought it scruffy.

Don't know if this was the same one, look on Google.

Just tried that, & it has to be the only time a cloud has got in my way in Spain :Doh:

Edit : just seen their web site & it has a gateway at the entrance so I would try & check with them.

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If you cant get in that one.

There is always Camping Marjal at Guadamar. (Not Cheap) but immaculate site with indoor pool for the winter, spotless showers nice cafe/restaurant and bar. 80 - 100 meter plots.

Water, Grey, Black, waste, and uk tv link. on each plot.

We have stayed there with both a 5th wheel and the R/V we have now. plus room to park a 4 wheeled car trailer and car on your pitch, but as said not that cheap but all the same for a first time a superb site..

After a month or more we got bored with the locality,,, probably because we have lived in Torrevieja for 10 years before.