Camping Etang De La Breche, Loire Valley (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
We are going to France in July for 2 hopefully 3 weeks or if I could twist o/h arm 4weeks :ROFLMAO: stopping first at Arromanches Les Bains to visit the museum etc for 2nights at their municiple site
But would like hubby to have a chill out moment or two :wine:and as there are several attractions near Etang De La Breche(Doue la Fontaine Zoo etc > Exotic Birds me being nutty about these and animals would love to visit there and the trogs village SP? )

Has any other funster stayed at this site?

On reading reviews seemed good just want we wanted but.........always a" but " seems a bit quiet sorta now I have realised - like lights out at 10.30 pm syndrome :Doh:

As the above campsite was one of the nearest to the Doue l Font I have booked 7nights there as a treat for our "First Camping" holiday and hopefully afterwards using municiples or aires aim towards Reims - have a (dare I say it:Blush:) A Hotel room booked there for 1 night - honest it was booked ages ago but not sure where to head for in between or after

Any suggestions for where else that would be good to visit for the limited time we have to travel about

Thank you for any input

champers

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi

We went to this site about 3 years ago camping with a tent for two weeks in August.

It is a great site, but it was very busy as sites are in August, the pools were packed. The staff were friendly.

The Fishing lake had trouble with air quality, so wasnt great and smelled quite a bit, we were camping across the way from it. The Loire was very low, the lowest I have ever seen it so the fishing wasnt good there. Its quite a trek to Saumur, we did find some good areas for cycling.

I would recommend the site, it is also a castels site and they tend to be of good quality.

Regards Pat

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanks Pat for the info
I did wonder when they said Saumur was only a quick drive away or a 10 minute walk to it
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bike seems a good option though :thumb:

champers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back