Mannjan

Free Member
Jul 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
22yrs
On our trips last year we encountered a couple of fellow campers experiencing difficulties using the Silver "Camping Cheques" payment cards. When presenting for payment the cards were showing no credits on them despite both people having loaded them prior to holidays.
Anybody here had problems and does anyone load them on the Alan Rogers "Travel Card"?
We have used the paper cheques but find the sites prefer the card method as they get instant payment whereby they can only submit the paper ones at the season end for payment.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Interesting, we have just have just booked 2 crossing from Hull with P and O, through the caravan club, great prices, and I have 14 camping cheques to use...
I look forward to reading this thread as it evolves ...

OP
OP
M

Mannjan

Free Member
Jul 16, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
22yrs
We have had no problems with the paper ones but they do seem to pushing the Credit card type.
I see on their website you can check your credit on the cards yourself so if that's what you have then I would certainly check before leaving.
As an aside, the last chap we saw was trying to pay and leave on a weekend and could not get a reply from Alan Rogers (CC) office so was having to stump up the cash for a weeks stay!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Yes we have had simpler problems in the past but no more stopped buying then problem GONE!!!!!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i had 5 chq credit ( approx £75 ) and they suddenly disappeared this last few weeks. chased it up and it appears that if a chq was purchased in a given year it must be used by the 31st Dec the following year or it gets written of.

I HAD TO GET ON THE WEB SITE AND REINSTATE THEM FOR AN ADMIN FEE OF Euro20.

and they don't warn you.:Eeek:

other than that had no issues with our silver card.

P**d me off more than a little....:swear2: cant see me buying many more than a couple at a time for emergencies and making sure i use them.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Get them 7 at a time from Caravan Club booking P&O Hull Zeebrugge crossing, always get paper and yes they are only valid until the end of the year following the year you get them in, so valid for a year plus up to 12 months.

Sep 15, 2013
East Grinstead
Funster No
MH
A Class
used the Alan Rogers travel card on two trips last year. 7 nights and 15 nights no problems on both occasions. Very happy with camping cheques and the travel card. They do mention the time limit especially when attempting to get you to up grade to gold card

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back