camping charges

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Daniel, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Daniel

Daniel Read Only Funster

I look at some site and i find the camping charge are about £12 to £15, I don't know in Europe
    As I say yesterday I am new to this but i know I want to do some touring when I retire not week-end but 3 to 6 month or more a year. Only come home in winter for Christmas.Nice dream I know. So if any of you do this type of touring I need to talk to you in more depth
    what you do for over night stop do you always use camp site? that could be expensive
    what about empty the waist if you not use the camp. Any problem for stopping over night?
    suppose some time you use it for laundry or other? do you ?:thumb:

2. tick59

tick59 Funster

There are 100's of aires all over France most with facilities for waste dumping,some with hook up,if you haven't got a copy of "All the aires in France", it's a good investment, you can spend most of your time using them, only needing a site for laundry facilities.

3. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Hi There are plenty of places to empty waste and refill water etc . We stayed mainly on campsites and met lots of units pulling on for one night to do laundry and have proper showers , but you should join ACSI or similar as sites will hit you for high charges for one night stays , also washing machine charges are very high on campsites.
    Would also recommend you go as far south as you can in winter months as France is not to warm and open campsites are few and far between . You should also rethink about xmas at home , it is quite depressing driving towards bad weather and darker evenings plus expensive to get back when you add it all up. A better way is to leave your unit in storage on site and fly back (we have a return Ameria/gatwick 19 dec-- 4 th jan £75.00 )
    Palaceboy

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

never use campsites last one in spain was about 10yr ago too expensive by the time you pay site fees just as well live in an apartment or use b/b. too cold home here in winter n france well too cold as well. cheers alan.

5. Bevis on wheels

Bevis on wheels Read Only Funster

If you're going to be staying somewhere for a while e.g. more than two weeks, you can talk about, and get , long stay discounts to camp site owners- particularly in Greece. I can recommend a super website which will answer most if not all of your questions- MagBaz Travels. Margaret and Barry Williamson full time in their motorhome, contribute to MMM and have a lot of experience. They also have loads of info and travel stories from other motorhomers - including me!:Smile: